Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFVI Expert Version 2 is released

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah.... see I didn't know you had to do any patching. That would be why I didn't notice any difference probably.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Hmmm yes. Thanks.

I'm only in the Narshe Mines yet, but I have one thing to say...
    WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO OUR HP?
    Last edited by Marble; 04-10-2004 at 06:13 PM.
    Signatures are for wimps?

On the old webpage I offer the full ROM and the patch, but if you download the full ROM you don't need the patch file. The patch is an option for those who don't want to spend 30 minutes downloading the 2mb ROM file. I will be taking off the full ROM tonight along with eventually phasing out the old page all together.

Marble, the damage scale was reduced by near 50%.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

God damn this is tough. I'm stuck on the Phantom Train right now... any tips?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So.. the 2MB rom file is the FULL rom? Oh, well then I guess I do have the hard type.

Are the Repo men supposed to cast Flare on themselves?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

DocFrance focus on killing one enemy at a time, especially the ones with the most powerful attacks (like Hazer). Try using Cyan's Retort for big counter damage. Also have your ghosts possess the hardest monsters. I hope that helps.

Repo Man is supposed to cast Flare on himself. Flare is one of Repo Man's sketch attacks meaning he must cast the spell in battle. However there is no way Terra can survive Flare so early in the game so instead of creating a cheap instant death situation for the player I had Repo Man cast Flare on himself.
    The CyberVeldt

Meh. What the hell? I died in the Narsh Mines with Terra by herself in one hit from one of those damn rats! That's frickin' crap!

Quote Originally Posted by i90east
    DocFrance focus on killing one enemy at a time, especially the ones with the most powerful attacks (like Hazer). Try using Cyan's Retort for big counter damage. Also have your ghosts possess the hardest monsters. I hope that helps.
    I managed to scrape and crawl my way through the Phantom Train, only to realize that the train itself was ten times easier than its passengers. So now I'm stuck on Baren Falls, and the fish-boss-thing can kill me instantly with El Nino. And I just realized that I didn't fight an Overlord on the Train, so I won't be able to get that Rage for Gau.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

When all else fails.... level up. I got caught up in awful fantasy for the past little bit so I haven't been playing this version (I'm only at the raft ride) but I found in the original hard version I had to level up in a couple areas to scrape through the game. I'm not saying huge levels, but if you're getting killed in one hit from a monster, it's probably time to get a couple levels.
    On that fishie there's not much you can do but aurabolt, quadraslice (if you got it) or retort/disbatch. Use potions if you need heal. Put the boys in the back row if you haven't already cause their techs/blitz do same damage from the back (not like it matters against El nino, but any little bit helps). Besides that, good luck.
    Don't worry about the rage as long as you fought a stray cat and a hazer along with those Soldiers (or Commanders??) in the imperial camp. You get catscratch, bolt2, fire2 from those. That's enough power for now.
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, I just got my ass handed to me by the Guards in Narshe. :o I used Mog's party and he whiped us all out with Windslash and Bolt 2.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles

I'm with Doc on the Phantom Train thing. Jesus, that part is hard.

Now I'm on the mine-cart escape from Vector. I'm incredibly low on healing items, and my party is Locke, Sabin, and Cyan. Guh. I might have to restart.

I like how you changed the Opera lyrics, but did you have to keep the original correct options? That threw me off three times! But it was funny seeing the remarks...

"Will I... hate... Prince Ralse?
    Of course I will!
    How could anyone like that jerk!"
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Heh, yeah one of the ideas behind the Opera remix was to make you memorize the script again. By the way did you guys have Shadow and a ghost on the Phantom Train? I had a litte bit of a tough time on the Phantom Train but it wasn't THAT bad. With the boss I kinda figured the player might be tired from all the tough battles and may not want to fight a tough boss at that point. I try not to have too many really tough parts in a row. If I did that people would lose patience and their sanity.

Remember to have a good supply of Fenix Downs at all times.
    The CyberVeldt

This patch is awesome. Thanks man! I'm playing it with the Expert Version patch, plus the US Retranslation patch, and it's just awesome.

"I've got black magic, a hair trigger, and a short fuse. Bring it!"
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by King Bahamut
    Meh. What the hell? I died in the Narsh Mines with Terra by herself in one hit from one of those damn rats! That's frickin' crap!
    lmao you ain't gonna survive on the Floating Continent then. o.o...did anyone get that far, by the way?
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx