Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFVI Expert Version 2 is released

I'd just like to let you guys know that I just opened a brand new forum on my website for FFVI hacks and Expert Version 2. I need people to bring it to life so feel free to join in.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Smile AMAZINGLY CHALLENGING MASTERPIECE

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZeroUltima View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bahamut
    Meh. What the hell? I died in the Narsh Mines with Terra by herself in one hit from one of those damn rats! That's frickin' crap!
    lmao you ain't gonna survive on the Floating Continent then. o.o...did anyone get that far, by the way?

@i90east
    I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work in putting together this hack. I actually just finished the floating continent (hard as hell) and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead in the WoR.

For anyone playing, this hack is NOT cheap by any means, it is a glorious remastering and rebalancing of the game. Yes, the difficult is much higher (hence “Expert Verison” but if you consider yourself good at ff3 (sorry I’m old school) then this is the perfect level of challenge. Each random encounter, each boss, needs you to masterfully execute strategy to protect your team while exploiting the enemy’s individual weaknesses.

Some tips:
    1) Play the game a few times on standard difficulty before attempting this. EXPERTS ONLY
    2) Speaking on for the WoB, you will need to stock up on MANY Fenix Downs, Potions, Tonics, and Elemental Rods or you will fail. Be prepared to have at least one character focused solely on healing while the others attack. Know each characters strengths. You will find otherwise forgotten characters like Celes, Gau, Strago and Relm have a use here if you know how to use them properly.
    3) You are going to be “anniliahated”... many times. Use your rom’s save feature frequently! Some of the more difficult bosses, most of them, are going to wreck you. Get used to it; reload and try a different strategy and with a little bit of luck you wil succeed.
    4) Winning each of these epic battles of so much more satisfying. I spent 45 minutes chipping away at Intangir before I finally beat him and another 30 in an epic battle with AtmaWeapon. But the intensity is worth the reward of the victory.
    5) Don’t use fight. The rom forces you to strategize so get creative.

Dev, thank you so much for your efforts. I am seriously enjoying your rom. Wish I had more time to play it.

If if anyone wants some tips feel free to post here or email me at ryanmcshay@gmail.com

“The End is Beyond Chaos”
    -DelcoRMC

BTW you can play this through without grinding to level your characters up. I just finished WoB with Shadow LV25 Terra LV26 Sabin LV 27 and Edgar LV28.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

IS IT STILL AVALIABLE?