Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sex Education

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Default Sex Education

Did you take this class in high school? Did you really find it that educating? I really can't imagine sitting down with the schoolboard and trying to find a way to teach kids about sex without being too controversial. My sex ed class was about 4 or 5 yrs ago back in high school and we focused mostly on diseases, and learing the anatomy of genetalia--sp. But then I've heard of kids learning the propper "wrapping of the tool" technique as I will call it, by putting a condom on a banana and such. So is sex ed up to par??

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had sex ed in 6th and 7th grade. It was like one hour total though. Just stuff about your bodies... I suppose it was a good thing, though I don't really remember.

I also took sex ed in college. Now that was an interesting three-month course.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

My sex ed class in middle school (7th grade?) was generally just about STDs. And it was disgusting. The phrase "cheesey discharge" comes to mind. We went into great detail on what STDs were out there, how you can catch them, and more specifically what the symptoms were. After talking for a half hour about having little critters living on/in your groin, I don't know how kids can decide to have unprotected sex anyways.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We had it in sixth/seventh. We learned all about the parts and mechanics of it, but no hands on training I'm sorry to say.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Eighth grade in health, and nine/ten in gym/phys ed section on sex ed. I didn't learn anything important. In fact pretty much everything "useful" I learned about sex was either self taught through hands-on practice or self-learned through um...watching things.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My class had the misfortune of being taught by an old man who seemed to enjoy talking about the more sensitive parts of 'Sex Education'. He didn't really educate us in the way that the government had outlined, he educated us by quoting experiences of people he knew doing very strange things to themselves. He didn't shy away from discussing some of the more disgusting and perverse methods of sexual activity, either. As you can imagine, the whole experience was a rather uncomfortable one.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I had the standard 5/6 grade stuff (the first being about periods and stuff, the second more about sex) and then a semester of sex ed in high school. The class in high school was alright, but I really didnt need much of it. My mom had already had the talk with me and all.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The sex ed teacher made a funny joke about the large size of the banana and how girls would be dreaming.... hahaha

By the time we had sex ed for the first time, no-one really learned anything they didn't know before. Kids are more perverted than you might think.

We had sex-education from the 7th grade 'till the first grade of high school.

But I'm more "self-educated".
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

I always liked to learn about sex-ed. Others of my classmates hated it. *ponders*
    What's a jellicle cat?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    My sex ed class in middle school (7th grade?) was generally just about STDs. And it was disgusting. The phrase "cheesey discharge" comes to mind. We went into great detail on what STDs were out there, how you can catch them, and more specifically what the symptoms were. After talking for a half hour about having little critters living on/in your groin, I don't know how kids can decide to have unprotected sex anyways.
    Same here. We also had a "refresher" in the required health class in high school when we had our sexual health unit. Our teacher loved to try and gross students out, so we lots of pictures with sores, etc... He also loved the tobacco unit so that he could show us pictures of people with no jaws, holes in their cheeks, etc... from using too much tobacco, specifically chewing tobacco.
    Figaro Castle

Wow, your teacher must've really sucked, Winged Sorceress. Not that I want to encorage kids to have sex asap, but still.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

She was the worst teacher. :)
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Was she married? Sounds like a bitter old maid to me.
    Figaro Castle