Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steiner... almighty god or pathetic POS???

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Thanks to Steiner`s Shock I defeated Ozma..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    How could anyone hate Steiner, for chrissakes? He added humor to the game. Without good ol' Rusty, who would Zidane make fun of?

I found Steiner to be quite useful. Where I'm currently at in the game(Esto Gaza), Steiner's doing twice as much damage as Zidane. He's dealing about 2400 damage and, when tranced, he does a good 4400. He even did 9999 once, while Zidane can only deal 5000 damage with his strongest Dyne, which is Solution 9, at the moment.

Ah, good days.

ps. black orb (or anyone else) What weapon gives you shock? I have them all learnt up to the Defender (I HATE THUNDER SLASH, IT ALWAYS MISSES!)

He wasn't one of my favourites, but I didn't hate him, either. Steiner made me giggle quite a few times, especially during his scenes with Beatrix. Garnet annoyed the heck of out of me a lot more than he did.

He was pretty strong in battle, too. I tended to use his sword magic more than anything. I'll have to remember to use Shock more often. I never bothered before. <_<;; *runs*

He's so damn funny. Period.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Godzilla3001, you learn Shock from Ragnarok. You get it as part of the Chocograph subquest.

Unhappy I'm at Crystal World, I think I need to go back a bit...

Thanks, like I said, I'm at Crystal World and my highest level person is 58. I might go back to Daguerro and kill some Grand DFragons, that'll be a good way for Vivi to finish his Auto-Reflect and then Quina will learn it. But I have to go back, I know that much.

And I just thought, I should've just looked on the weapons page of ff9...Doh!

hes stupid but funny when he picks fights with Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyMilkman
    I suppose you're another Shock addict?
    What's wrong with shock? If you're willing to do the work to find the Ragnarok, then surely you deserve some sort of reward. It's a legitimate move, and the huge MP cost stops low-level players from abusing it.

Steiner is a fantastic battle character. He has an incredibly high attack stat, and his stronger weapons are relatively easy to find. He can deal elemental damage when paired with Vivi, attack multiple enemies with Stock Break/Climhazzard, at MP values comparable to those of summons or high-level Black Magic. Sure, his MP needs to be topped-up more often than that of the mages, but when he's low on magic, he's still got a standard attack that's capable of dealing hefty amounts of damage. As a result, he's rarely ever left out of my party, and certainly always around when Necron decides to show up.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think Steiner's a pretty good character. His personality is annoying first, but at least he develops and changes during the game. And as it was said, he's a tank. I actually think Shock isn't that great an attack. It's cast on only one target and it takes loads of MP. I always use Climhazzard instead since it usually does 9999 damage to all targets with less MP used than with Shock. Oh, and Freya's Dragon Crest > Steiner's Shock.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

He's a piece of junk to me, never seen a man so horrible!

Sure, if you're crazy enough to kill all of those dragons...

Climhazzard is without a doubt the better attack at high levels. The thing that makes Shock so appealing is that it does 9999 damage even at very low levels. Climhazzard takes more levelling before it can deal 9999 to every single enemy.

But Climhazzard looks cooler, so yeah, it is teh goodest.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

his magic sword thing is more powerful than vivis magic but takes way 2 much mp but hes funny when fighting with zidane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steiner is cool af. i like him.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ya, he got Beatrix all over him. That will keep him warm in the winter and cool in the summer.