Thread: Dragonball Games

Default Dragonball Games

In case nobody has guessed yet I am a fan of all things related to Dragonball. (Say what you want, I really don't give a crap) and alot of games related on the ever famous anime have been released recently, what would you have to say is your personal favourite(s)?

My persona favourite would have to be DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 for PSX, for a fighting game it's not that bad! Budikai 1 and 2 for PS2 is pretty good but I can't get used to the fighting system of those games.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I've never been a huge fan of Dragonball, but I do love a good game. That said, it's hard to find good ones base on Dragonball. The fighting games are, like most fighting games, amusing for a certain length of time before they become stale. I've yet to play Budikai, though I've heard good things about it.

It's a shame though... most animes tend to have a few seriously good games, particularily RPGs. The DBZ RPG was the biggest pile of crap I've ever played. The graphics were terrible, too, though that was the least of it's problems. I definitly prefer BSSM: Another Story and NGE: Girlfriend of Steel.

Arent they coming out with a new DBZ RPG soon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I've never been a huge fan of Dragonball, but I do love a good game. That said, it's hard to find good ones base on Dragonball. The fighting games are, like most fighting games, amusing for a certain length of time before they become stale. I've yet to play Budikai, though I've heard good things about it.

It's a shame though... most animes tend to have a few seriously good games, particularily RPGs. The DBZ RPG was the biggest pile of crap I've ever played. The graphics were terrible, too, though that was the least of it's problems. I definitly prefer BSSM: Another Story and NGE: Girlfriend of Steel.

Arent they coming out with a new DBZ RPG soon?
    Yeah I agree the DBZ Legacy of Goku games were lame as hell! Those were the DBZ RPG games actually! I don't know if there's gonna be another DBZ RPG Game but if there is Im sure some american company will just look at the storyline of the anime, alter it to butcher the living crap out of it and make it totally lame!

There was one that was never translated, and it was my better than the English ones, but I still didn't like it much. Not a big enough fan of the show I guess.
    lol signature

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I played the untranslated one, if it's the one I'm thinking about... someone on the net did a fan translation. It was pretty bad. Game-wise, I mean. I played terribly.

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 was untranslated except for a some of the text, DBZ Hyper Dimension was the fan translated game and the translation was absolutly terrible. I'll take screenshots and show you some time, otherwise its a fun game!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I like DB but their games always had been developed by Bandai (correct me if im wrong), and they never were very good..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..