Love,
    The Gooch

they keep saying that, AND YET.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

But this time they swear they mean it.

Please let them insert save points and on map saving!!!

I hope yes.
    Clyde Arronwy, The Great and Magnificent Gumby, Lord Thanatosimii, Having Been Bequiethed of the Poke-dom, Ruler of Gumbolivia, Third member of "The Mind Whose Name Dare Not Be Spoken Aloud"

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar
    A remix is fine so long as the original is still there, and that's all I was asking for, a way to play the original mode.
    If you want the original, get the original. If I want the original mix of Safri Duo's Samb-Adagio I'm gonna get the original mix, not the Marc Et Claude remix. Maybe you guys should all start DJing. Maybe it'd help put things in perspective more.

I'd rather never become a DJ thank you. Well, actually technically I am a DJ, if you look at my initials... You see, if the game was still actually being SOLD in it's original form, no problem, but it's not unless you find it used somewhere. That's why we demand the original be given to us somehow. Companies are doing it all the time, like including the original version of Metroid 1 in the Metroid Zero Mission cart (that game being a complete and total reimagining and expansion of Metroid 1). It's just being kind to the fans. The fans might just LIKE to be able to play FF1 portably but with all the original gameplay greatness. Why not give it to us?

Anyway, Clyde, they kinda have that already. You CAN save on the world map if you just use a tent or something, and inns are the save points outside that. They also added the whole memo save feature to both the PS1 and WSC versions so you can save at any time, though each with their own little built in flaws to prevent it from being TOO cheap.

Still needs free menu world map saving and interior save points. there also would need to be ways out of the final dungeon besides warp.
    Clyde Arronwy, The Great and Magnificent Gumby, Lord Thanatosimii, Having Been Bequiethed of the Poke-dom, Ruler of Gumbolivia, Third member of "The Mind Whose Name Dare Not Be Spoken Aloud"

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I agree with Clyde on this one. I know people would whine about how it changes FFI too much, but in portable games, you NEED that sorta feature. Actually, they had this in the WSC version so I'm not worried about it.

I tottally agree with these two guys. They are absoluty right. I just hope, when it's out in Japan it also comes to Europe.........and af course the USA for the Americans.

Those are gonna be kewl. 3 was great tot ehy should make that for gba.

ya know wuts weird though is gba has better graphics then nes.am i right??

what you guys havent noticed is that, FF1 has a new MP consuption system unlike Origins or the original.

on the original it looked like this:

HP 600/600
    MP 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0

Now it looks like

HP 600/600
    MP 0/ 0

See what I mean?

So, I don't think that's a big problem. At least not for me. Altough I think it's more......euhm.....how do you call that.........intense(???) You need to be more carefull with your spell, which I thinks gives a curtain exictment to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AShadowsBlaze
    Those are gonna be kewl. 3 was great tot ehy should make that for gba.

ya know wuts weird though is gba has better graphics then nes.am i right??
    First, congrats on the mad typing skills.

Second, the GBA/GB:SP have graphics far better than the NES. In fact, it is capable of graphics that outclass the SNES.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Yes, and some of it's skills, though not all, outclass a PS1's 2D abilities (3D obviously goes to the PS1 by all accounts). As for sound, the sound is actually a little worse than an SNES. Most games that have been ported transfer pretty accuratly though, so obviiously it wasn't enough to hurt anything much. Anyway, the one concern I have is that the PS1 origins happens to have some VERY great music, likely using a lot of prerecorded stuff. Anyway, unless it's straight red book (and I think there's more to it than that, because the PS1, when doing straight red book, has a notorious delay when looping to the start of a song), or even if it is, the GBA could have problems. Likely they are remaking the music specially for the GBA. I know they wouldn't just use the WSC music, being NES level, at any rate. What I'd hope they COULD manage, if they didn't need too large a cart size, would be to compress all that music into MP3 format or something similar and thus get all it's quality right there. A lot of GBA games have a LOT of voice in them (because even though music is a bit worse, direct sound is one thing that's far better than SNES, namely due to larger cart sizes), and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories game coming out actually has FMVs in it, full quality ones too. If Square-Enix can manage that, then I ASSUME they could manage full recordings of the music from origins in there. The FMVs... I dunno, maybe they could do that too, but I don't think they'd bother (not that I didn't love seeing a warrior (we can all agree now it was a warrior right?) take on that dragon, and I did think they had great art direction).

Anyway, we'll see. Even if they don't get all that music, oh and those prerecorded battle sound effects as well, in there and have to just mix yet another version of those songs with GBA in mind, it'll still be great I imagine.

Now, onto my final statement about those changes. Now, if this was something like Sword of Mana, where the ENTIRE game from start to finish was being completely reimagined, then I'd have no issue with any gameplay changes they made. Indeed, playing Sword of Mana compaired to Final Fantasy Adventure leaves pretty much no comparison except the same BASE for the story. However, that was a complete reimagining. This is more like an upgrade to the original, and thus the original should be represented accuratly in the gameplay. Had they truly reimagined FF1, with a massive expansion on the story, adding all the classes of FF5 to choose from, an updated battle system, a COMPLETELY remapped world and dungeons, I'd have no complaint. I know it's odd, but my beef is that they are changing too much without just going all the way. Think of it not like a complete remix of a song DJ guy, but more like rerecording the same old song on a new crisper cleaner format. You want the same song, just without all the static that came with it being on a record, am I right? You don't want them to change stuff around on that upgrade, unless it's a complete remix, in which case you don't want them calling it "the original". Am I right about this?

Essentially, that's my deal here. FF1&2 Advance is not a complete reimagining at all, at least not from what I've seen so far. It's just Origins but with some added optional features. As such, they should leave the gameplay intact. Either completely reimagine it, or leave the gameplay alone. That's my deal. It's like Super Mario Bros DX. That game wasn't a complete reimaging of the story, but it certainly was an upgrade. They added SO much to that game, stuff making it so much harder than it originally was in fact. The important thing was, they didn't decide to completely reimagine it, so they left the core gameplay intact. Rather than do something like add in super feathers and ridable yoshis to the original levels, they left the actual main game completely intact, except for that bare minimum change in adding the ability to scroll the camera a little bit to make up for the smaller screen and resolution. All the extra stuff was just that, extra stuff you went into on your own choice. They could have even added feathers and yoshis, but they knew they would have had to still keep those original levels that were sans those upgrades in order to appease the original crowd. On the other hand, should they decide to totally reimagine the 1st game with some upcoming Gamecube fully 3D "Super Mario Bros", they can change all they want and no one cares. Just to give an example of what happens when they do it WRONG, look at "Super Mario Bros for Super Players" inside Super Mario Bros DX. That's Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, but renamed. It's a great addition, except they changed the gameplay to, what they thought, would be an improvement. They removed 5 worlds due to being too hard, and worse, they changed the gameplay by taking out the wind, shortening jumps that required you to bounce off flying enemies to make it, and giving the character more powerups during the game. This in essence made it the least favorite part because they had essentially ruined the original. Had they just made a bunch of completely new levels, there wouldn't have been a complaint at all, but due to what they did to old levels, it was pretty much rated very low.

I hope you get what I'm saying here. Essentially, if it turns out they really ARE Totally reimagining FF1, with only the basic story keeping it in common, then I really won't care because it really WILL be a totally different game. As it stands though, it looks like they are messing around with an old game in ways that make it less unique. That adjusted magic system I believe will make things too easy in the same way that easy mode in Origins' complete boost in overall MP made things too easy. Not a problem so long as they let you choose "original MP mode" at the start of the game, but a problem if that's the ONLY way to play it. Have we come to an understanding?

Cool! FF1 and FF2 on a handheld system, neat. I can't wait to buy it when it comes out. By the way, do you guys know if they are going to release FF5 and FF6 on GBA anytime soon?

Great Forum - beau8th.proboards30.com