Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's with the crappy translation?!?

Ok, so maybe the proper name translations are shocking, but overall which version do you recommend? Which version has the better script? FFVj translated or FFA? Which translation shows the emotion, character personalities etc better? I need to know before I start playing it because if the ROM translation is just as good I wouldn't have to suffer the PSX loading times.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

dman: apart from name translations, the script, overall translation and character emotions are pretty similar in FF5 SNES (fan translation) and FF5 PSX. One difference is that Faris speaks with a cheesy pirate accent in FF5 PSX. D'arr! It's up to you to decide whether that's a merit or an annoyance. Otherwise, the SNES version seemed a bit more detailed than the PSX version. And of course, you won't get annoying loading times and reduced graphics/sound/music quality in the SNES version.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Thanks for the reply. I checked both versions and noticed that at most times the two translations were very similar, and at any other time the ROM translation was slightly better.