Thread: A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!

Default A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!

hey people i just want to know in ur opinion 5 aspects of what makes a great movie....talk about anything......story.....movie mediums etc.

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Great movie...hmm.
    Plot
    Storyline
    Character Development
    Keeping the viewers attention
    not overdoing it

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Aren't plot and storyline the same thing?

Good script and dialog. Without this a movie is doomed to fail no matter how well everything else is done because it will just feel so ackward.

Great story.

Great Acting

Great Directing

Great sound editing(not really thought about but cleaning up the picture and making it 5.1 and all that good stuff goes a long ways in movies today)

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others. For example, "Super Troopers" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are both great movies, but they are great movies for different reasons.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Good characters and good acting are a must for a good movie. As well as plot.

I also think the length of the movie is a factor in it. I mean, people don't want to sit in a theatre for 4 hours watching a movie that turns out to be sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    There's no definite formula for a great movie - each movie has its own qualities that set it apart from others. For example, "Super Troopers" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are both great movies, but they are great movies for different reasons.
    good theory but then wouldn't good acting and script come to mind for making those movies great....i mean if tobey magire (the dude of spider man) was chosen to do a part in "Super troopers" it wouldnt be as funny.....you get what im saying...?

....i guess what im saying you could make a generalisation of what a great movie is in your opinion....even if they are two of the most different movies, there are factors in both movies that make em "great"....

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]