Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Inhuman characters

Im thinking an underwater FF would turn out like the Little Mermaid world in kingdom hearts...i stopped playing after i got there....just too kidish

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    havent you seen greiver?
    nope.

someone put a picture of him/her/it here please.

and...brokensailor....that one in your avatar/signature is that....mascot for the Danimals X-treme drink! LOL
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

and...brokensailor....that one in your avatar/signature is that....mascot for the Danimals X-treme drink! LOL
    Nope. Hes the coolest! Hes a mascot for Devilmaykickass' line of anti-Oklahoman Dr Pepper...where'd you get the idea he had a second job? Or is he just holding out on me!?!?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)
    Er, skipping all of the thread because it's so long, I love non-human characters, although there shouldn't be more than three of them in a game, and if there are three, one or two should be humanoids or possibly a robot. You shouldn't have more than one totally non-human character. VII did this very well - they had one totally non-human character, one (SPOILER)robot controlled by a human and one ... uh, Vincent. Red XIII, to me, is the greatest non-human character that has been created in a Final Fantasy game. Although any chocobo has to be right up there, too, although I can't remember if any of them were really playable. Boko? *forgot*

EDIT: I've uploaded a few pics of Griever. Here...

http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/images/griever.jpg (artwork by a guy called, omg, Griever)
    http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/images/b48-griever.jpg
    http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/images/ff8-griever.jpg
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Griever looks very similar to Kimahri. Or the other way around... which ever.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

right ok.. thanks LoonyBob.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

i agree LoonyBob, Nanaki is teh best so far...i think helped by the sheer inhuman look of his character.
    i think pixar proved that you can relate to nonhuman shapes (something ive known long enough being around animals) and still be bought up by a mass market.

again i would advise people to nip over to their local comic shop, dont be afraid, and pick up back issues of Fathom, it's only a nine issue story by michel turner.....you wont be dissapointed...even if you only like sexy chicks.
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mog is my favorite.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

what's Fathom?

Fathom basically tells the tale of an ancient underwater society of good looking sexy atlantians (tho never refferd to as atlantis) on earth. Aspen, the female heroine was found as a child by a navy captian and adopted. some years later as a sexy marine biologist she encounters mysterius stuff underwater and shes dragged into a ancient and secret war, only to discover she is far from human (yep shes one of them). all the men and women are impossibly attractive and teh technology is cooly based on coral etc. so the whole serise is a great design and a far cry from the little mermaid
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

ah ok. o.o

*ahem* once again, inhuman characters are the coolest! *goes off to read Endymion, a book about a guy being pursued by a monster/archangel/killing machine.*

[EDIT]: c'mon, how can this thread die out?

FFXIV Character

If you want to read an awesome comic revolving around inhuman anthro-ish characters, you should read JACK. Its the only comic I've EVER liked, and I've became obsessed with it.

Its an online web comic, but I'm not going to post a link to it here because I know theres alot of younger people around here, and its a comic intended for 18+ (some sexual situations...not smut or whatever, extreme violence, and it deals with alot of other mature situations), and I'd rather not take the chance of being banned.

If your interested in JACK, you can PM me and I'll give you the link. I highly recommend it to anyone who reads comics/manga.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Wow. It's amazing. I just found another fan of Jack. That, sadly, seems to be quite rare. I too am obsessed with it. I think everyone should at least give it a try.

But on topic, I do like having non-human characters in any game really, it brings more diversity into the cast instead of a strict and boring routine of nothing more than humans. Going along with others, Nanaki is my favorite non-human character in any Final Fantasy game, heck, in most games period, but that is still not to say that other non-human characters suck... I quite liked Freya, Kimahri, and of course Mog. I think it'd be awesome if a non-human was the star of a future Final Fantasy.
    "What are you doing?"

"Maybe killing you here is the only way to end this nightmare..."

"Yeah, you might be right."

- Silent Hill 3

FFXIV Character

OMG...someone here besides me is a JACK fan!?!? WOW! *so happy he cries*

Anywho, yeah, thats awesome.
    I like Kung-Fu.

ive never heard of jack.....PM me please. have you guys read sabrina online, it's the same sort of thing.

yeah a nonhuman main character would be awsome. i watched Vanhelsing on saturday and they finally did the wolfmen how werewolves are supposed to look...MASSIVE and hair with big ears. imagine that as the hero, under a curse or something