Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Belts suck

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Kary`s weakness is Sleep2 and Tiamat weakness is Bane, both black magic.
    Well for one thing I said they dont have elemental weakneses. By elemental I mean Fire/Ice/Bolt. Sleep2? Whats the point of that? Why not cast FAST on the Fighter or BB or Rm? At least when you do that you can be assured that it will work. Sleep2 you cannot. You can spend the whole battle just sitting casting it and it not working. As for bane. Yeah it does work but so what? The BB can cast it too with the Bane sword. Also getting bane to work on the first encounter is easy to do but not the second one. It has like a low chance of working. BTW did you know that you can cast Fear on Kary and make her run away? It is funny to do, but kinda hard to get it to work.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

at lv 50 the bm has almost 500 hp. even a warmech critical hit has never killed him with i hit.

bm has the fire2/fire 3 and equivelent spells. he wipes out hordes with that, and at the end flare and haste (is it nuke and fast in usa?) which makes my red knight do like 1600 a hit or sumthin and flare crushs dark knight armies of 8 etc very quickly.

bb is just a very shoddy version of the fighter. i wouldnt have got through ff 1 so well without the beloved bm.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    Why are you comparing the BB to the Fighter?
    Basicly you're saying that the BM sucks because the RM is (according to you) better. I'm using the same argument to say that the BB suck.

BBs/Monks can fight well, but their lack of defense kills 'em. Warrior is better.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    at lv 50 the bm has almost 500 hp. even a warmech critical hit has never killed him with i hit.

bm has the fire2/fire 3 and equivelent spells. he wipes out hordes with that, and at the end flare and haste (is it nuke and fast in usa?) which makes my red knight do like 1600 a hit or sumthin and flare crushs dark knight armies of 8 etc very quickly.

bb is just a very shoddy version of the fighter. i wouldnt have got through ff 1 so well without the beloved bm.
    Well considering Warmech has hit my knight with the best armor possible for 280 dmg. I think if he got a crit hit on the BW he will kill him. Also the BW doesnt always have 500 hp at lvl 50. I once had him with 350 hp at lvl 50. Yes you would have done just as good without the Bm if you had a Rm in your party instead.

Yes Bm does suck compared to a Rm. The BB however does not suck compared to the Fighter. In defense terms yes he does. But in magic defense and evasion he is better. Plus his attack power is almost as good as the Fighter. Better than the Thief/Ninja and RedMage/RW. The Bm is not even close to being as good as a Rm. Yes he gets more magic but that doesnt matter. Magic was never an issue for me with a FT/TH/BB/RM. But during my party right now, my Bm is crappy. I am using a FT/RM/WM/BM. I just went through the marsh cave at lvl 7 and my black mage ended up wasting all of the cure spells. I am now at lvl 9 and he has the lowest hp. He has 116 while my Rm has 156 and my Wm has 141. He is the only character that has died so far, and he has been the least helpful. Like he always has been. The Bm is worthless, a FT/?/Wm/Rm parties will do a lot better than a FT/?/Wm/Bm party.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Sleep2? Whats the point of that? Why not cast FAST on the Fighter or BB or Rm?
    Wow, BMFF1 uses the same tactic as me... Runnin' up in the place and up. HOLLA!!!

I think Unne's point is that BB is an unbalanced character. Fighter is strong, hits hard, has great vitality and defense and gets all the best weapons and armor. Thief can run well. Ww gets all the good white magic, Bw gets all the good black magic. Rm can fight and use magic decently. BB can fight well, but not as well as Fighter and gets lousy equipment, making BB sorta questionable. That question being "why take a BB when you can take a fighter?"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

They aren't unbalanced, they're just sucky. All they do is physical attacks, and you'd expect them to be the best at that. They aren't the best at it, so they're worthless.

Right, so basically you're agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    That question being "why take a BB when you can take a fighter?"
    There is no reason to take a BB instead of a Fighter (Just like there is no real reason to take a Bm instead of a Rm). UNLESS you are like me and you do not like to use 2 or more of the same character. See I find it very boring to use 2 of the same character. That explains my reason for taking a FT/TH/BB/RM. That why I dont have the weak wm and bm or 2 of the same character and I have the 3 stongest characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    They aren't unbalanced, they're just sucky. All they do is physical attacks, and you'd expect them to be the best at that. They aren't the best at it, so they're worthless.
    Well from lvl 35 and up they are the best fighters. Also they are the second best attackers throughout majority of the game. Have you even used a BB fully Dr. unne? Or just for and hour and then gave up? Because around lvl 15 they get very powerful (Depending on what weapon you have on the fighter they might even be as strong as them)and from lvl 6-15 they are the second strongest. At lvl 25-29 they match the Knights str with the Xcaliber.

Dude, don't question Unne's knowledge on FF1. That's like questioning Ken Burns's knowledge of the civil war.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Well from lvl 35 and up they are the best fighters. Also they are the second best attackers throughout majority of the game. Have you even used a BB fully Dr. unne? Or just for and hour and then gave up? Because around lvl 15 they get very powerful (Depending on what weapon you have on the fighter they might even be as strong as them)and from lvl 6-15 they are the second strongest. At lvl 25-29 they match the Knights str with the Xcaliber.
    If you need to level up a BB to level 35 to make him good, and you can usually beat the game at level 30 easily, then the BB is a waste of time.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    If you need to level up a BB to level 35 to make him good, and you can usually beat the game at level 30 easily, then the BB is a waste of time.
    I never said you need him at lvl 35 in order for him to be good. I said that he is the strongest character at lvl 35 and up. He becomes a good character around lvl 6. At lvl 15-up he becomes a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    Dude, don't question Unne's knowledge on FF1. That's like questioning Ken Burns's knowledge of the civil war.

Umm whatever dude. For one thing I can question whoever I want. Second thing, Dr. Unne is not the only one who knows a lot about FF1. There are other players like myself who know just as much or more. Have you ever been to the gamefaqs.com message board? Those people there know so much on FF1 its not even funny. They are the ones who figured out about magic defense and other very in depth stuff. Im not saying Unne is not knowledgeable. I am saying that it is possible that people can know more/just as much as he does.

Check out this FAQ to find out what I mean....

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/f..._char_list.txt
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 04-17-2004 at 08:58 PM.

You guys are Psychos Black Mage and wizards rule the could kill a black belt six times before he hit the ground. Whoever likes Black belts have Attention Dephosit Hyperactive dissorder. Black Wizards Rule
    I rest my case
    Final Fantasy
    The World is veiled in darkness.
    The wind stopped,
    The sea raged,
    and the earth began to decay
    The people wait, their only hope a prophecy...

'When the world is in darkness, Four Warriors of Light will come..."

chaotic neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Caster Black Wizard
    Whoever likes Black belts have Attention Dephosit Hyperactive dissorder.
    Bad luck for us. At least we know how to spell, and when to use capital letters.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

LOL

Wow, this thread is rather old. :rolleyes2
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.