Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobs

Default Jobs

This is a thread about occupations. Have you ever been fired/quit from a job, and what was the reason? What do you do for a living?

My first job was a baseball umpire, and technically I still hold that position, but I'm now quitting. It takes thick skin and integrity that I lack. I suck at it. But hey, the money was great while it lasted.

At my last job I was an American Airlines Ticket Agent... it sucked, I quit/was fired, yeah, I'm still looking for work.
    Still stabbin'

Blog Entries

I've ben an emplyee for McDonalds for around 3 years now. I first was a grill person then I went to maintenance. Now I am a assistante manager but, I need more money/hours So I plan to quit and get a new job this summer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first job was at Disneyland. I didn't officially quit, but after my mom told me to quit I went to Disneyland as a guest fairly regularly until they fired me.

My second job was at Target. They was a horrible job. I walked out and left my resignation on the desk after ten days.

My third job was a substitute noon supervisor for the school district. I still have that job, but I only go when I want to, which I haven't in about a year now since I got another job.

Recently I stepped down as a teacher at a KinderCare to just a substitute so I can better focus on school. I go in when I want to.

I also help out with my boyfriend's parents' painting business when I want to.

My main job right now is to focus on school so that I can get my bachelor's degree and teaching credential and can be a public school teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    My main job right now is to focus on school so that I can get my bachelor's degree and teaching credential and can be a public school teacher.
    HS, MS, or elementary school? You would be awesome to have as a teacher. Make sure to get a job at Southwest High School in Fort Worth. Sure, I won't be there if you go, but still...

My first and only job was being a paper boy, but had to quit that job when I had to move.

Ever since, I've been jobless, but I've been searching frantically for one.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Job 1: Retail clerk at the local drug store. Quit to move to college.
    Job 2: Retail clerk at the University student store. Quit to get a better paying job.
    Job 3: Administrative assistant in one of the college departments. Greatest job ever. I played on the internet and listened to my boss gossip all day. Quit when I graduated .
    Current job: Data analyst for the same company in #1. It's great because all I do is crunch numbers and I am finally the mindless drone I've always wanted to be.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I really really really really really really really really want to quit my current job. Somebody invent some job for me and start giving me money.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Is this a resume thread?

First job: Cable installer; age 16-18; wage: 10$ - 12$
    Second job: Wendy's employee: burger maker, morning prep; summer before I turned 19; wage: 7.25$ after some odd bonus (mim wage = 6.85 here)
    Third job: Pharmacy misc employee; They needed somebody to help paint and set up a new section of the building (expansion); wage: 7$
    Fourth job: Telecommunications Installer; age 21+; wage: 12$

There was some volunteering here and there. Day care and office aide.

The difference between the first and last job is (1) my experience in the field of telecommunications, (2) whether I could work on my own, (3) range of duties. For example when I started, all I did was install miles of CAT-5 data/CAT-3 voice cable and terminated them all at the site (not the closet), and then ran a tester on them all. Now I can terminate, troubleshoot, punch down CAT5 racks, punch down whatever that voice cable rack is called, install fiber optics, um...I don't remember what else actually, since all we do is install CAT5/5e/3

Right now I'm unemployed.

I quit my first job to get a better one. Then I got fired at the second job, but then they hired me for another job a week later

i was a cleaner in the amry mess, quit because i couldn't be bothered to ride my bike up a 2 mile hill every weekend
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Right now Im doing 2 jobs....running cars from auctions to my friends car lot and a parts runner. I also drop books and other stuff to stores.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
    Is this a resume thread?

First job: Cable installer; age 16-18; wage: 10$ - 12$
    Second job: Wendy's employee: burger maker, morning prep; summer before I turned 19; wage: 7.25$ after some odd bonus (mim wage = 6.85 here)
    Third job: Pharmacy misc employee; They needed somebody to help paint and set up a new section of the building (expansion); wage: 7$
    Fourth job: Telecommunications Installer; age 21+; wage: 12$

There was some volunteering here and there. Day care and office aide.

The difference between the first and last job is (1) my experience in the field of telecommunications, (2) whether I could work on my own, (3) range of duties. For example when I started, all I did was install miles of CAT-5 data/CAT-3 voice cable and terminated them all at the site (not the closet), and then ran a tester on them all. Now I can terminate, troubleshoot, punch down CAT5 racks, punch down whatever that voice cable rack is called, install fiber optics, um...I don't remember what else actually, since all we do is install CAT5/5e/3

Right now I'm unemployed.
    The most you've ever earnt is $12, OMG, thats like nothing, they could have at least paid you $2 an hour and you probably would have earnt more.

Me, I was the schools webmonkey/manger/adviser/assistant until recently. I quit cos I have exams coming up and I need all the time to revise that I can....
    FOA

I've never been fired because I've never had a job. I'm a student. They can't fire me :D
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Age 12-16: Sold Drugs.
    Age 16-18: Sold "Fire Services".
    Age 18-19: Sold Phone Packages... by phone...
    Age 19-20: AutoCAD 14 -> Worked for an achitechture firm from home. Also began selling Flash to tattoo shops.
    Age 20-21: Sold Knives door to door.
    Age 21-22: School in Proffessional Travel Services.
    Age 22-23: Sold Travel. Eventually stopped selling my drawings around this point.
    Age 23-26 (present): Sell Retail Electronics (Radio Shack...unghhh...) and studying in IT Support Services to get my ass the Hell out of sales.