Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Guitarists

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r
    That reminds me... on the Dream Theater tour with Queensryche last summer, in boston, they played the middle section of Metropolis at 2x speed... as if it weren't already fast enough. Man, those guys are monsters!

Oh... and... how can you put up Adrian Smith, and not Dave Murray? The sum of the parts are not as great as the whole... or whatever. Basically, these guys are probably the best guitarist duo in metal, but individually, they're just... other metal guitarists.
    Yeah, I can remember Yngwie J. Malmsteen playing the song "Trilogy" on the live album I own a hell of a lot faster than it is on the CD.

The reason that I put Adrian Smith on the list and not Dave Murray is mainly because of the album Somewhere in Time. Most of the songs before that album were written by Steve Harris, but Adrian Smith wrote many of the better songs on Somewhere in Time (Also, he was the one responsible for their change in sound on that album, because he introduced the band to synths). So, really, I put Adrian Smith on that list instead of Dave Murray because of the unique way he wrote some of the songs on that album.

Well, that is a good reason. I did always wonder who was responsible for the synth that came in around that album and Seventh Son... guess it was Adrian!
    And also- what do you think of Janick Gers? And about the 3 guitarist lineup Maiden has now?

Banned

I laugh everytime I see the "name" Yngwie Malmsteen.
    The music sucks though.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r
    Well, that is a good reason. I did always wonder who was responsible for the synth that came in around that album and Seventh Son... guess it was Adrian!
    And also- what do you think of Janick Gers? And about the 3 guitarist lineup Maiden has now?

I haven't heard enough of Janich Gers, but I have heard Fear of the Dark though, which is pretty good, but i wouldn't list him along-side Adrian or Dave. about the current three-member guitarist line-up, though, I'd say its good but they could really use all three players to a greater advantage. They could do things like triple leads, but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    I laugh everytime I see the "name" Yngwie Malmsteen.
    The music sucks though.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? You laugh every time you see the "name?" Why is 'name' in quotes? Are you saying its incorrect for rockstars to have fake names? Are you a crack addict?

I'll disregard the 'music sucks though' seeing as it comes from the fan of 4-note industrial "music."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Knight
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? You laugh every time you see the "name?" Why is 'name' in quotes? Are you saying its incorrect for rockstars to have fake names? Are you a crack addict?

I'll disregard the 'music sucks though' seeing as it comes from the fan of 4-note industrial "music."
    I apologize about the "the music sucks though".
    I should've put it more like "I don't enjoy the music though."
    To me his stuff ís only hard to pull off but doesn't sound good.

I laugh at his name as I find it funny to turn Yngve Malmsten into Ynwie Malmsteen.
    I'm sorry if you were offended by that.

And what do you know about the music I listen to?
    The only bands you could possibly have heard of that I listen to are
    Metallica, Rammstein and KMFDM and they are not even close to being my favourite bands.

And yes I'm a crack addict.

Mark Knopfler.