Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-men

cheers Gau. i think it was teh little house era because of the artwork...wasnt he originally called Dog. whitch would hint to why he uses the codename Patch
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

His "enemy" (who looks an awful lot like Sabertooth) was called Dog. I think.. I'll have to look at it when I get home from work.

[Q=Big D]That's what happens when you try to keep a story going for four decades... there's only so much 'outlandishness' the writers can come up with before they start to run out of, or worse recycle, ideas.[/Q]

With the Ultimate series, they are "re-writing" the x-men history. Some of the backgrounds are different, as are the ages and whatnot. The authors plan to kill of almost all of the original x-men at one point to bring in new guys. They've already [spoilers]Almost killed Beast twice, the second time I'm not sure if he's dead since the next issue will clear that up. Cyclops was assumed dead for 5 issues when Wolverine let him fall off a cliff and so on...[/spoilers] I'd recommend the Ultimate X-men series, since it's only on issue 44 and really easy to get into. Cross-overs are cool too, with Ultimate Spider-man jumping in a few issues.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I've stopped reading after the Onslaught saga. It just didn't feel like the old X-men anymore.

Yea, the new Ultimates line tries to restart everything with a fresh modern twist to them. They are easily Marvel's best books at this current time.

Wolverine's real name is James Howlett or something... his enemy was called dog (I'm pretty sure he is Sabertooth) and they are half brothers (same father).
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I have one X-Men comic, and it's one of those "What If?" ones. Bah.

Dammit Daniel!

for some reason im not getting notified of new posts..oh well.

i tried the ultimate line when i worked in a comic store through uni but it really didnt work for me, i guess im too old school. ive never liked jean grey, but having a telepath beam dirty jokes into your mind just doesnt interest me. however teh short lived ultimate war between teh ultimates (avengers) and X-men was fun....no way america could take wolvie in a fair fight..he had to cheat.

thats righ the onslught saga...now THATS what i stopped at, cause age of apocalypse was fun...but they started spinning this thing of "who will betray teh xmen" and im sat there saying, come on it's obvisouly xavier, all teh dumb people who wrote in were saying iceman and wolive......and lo and behold it was proffesor x..what a let down.
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.