Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-men

Default X-men

is anyone up to speed with the current x-men issues, i left around about the end of age of apocalypes and go tsome back issues recently.....now psylocks dead and rogue has wolverine claws??
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

sorry........im not into x-men
    was never into x-men even as a kid i thought they were stupid

no pies, that was your reflection

somone better tell me betsy comes back
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They're still making those comics? =o Wow.

I hope they didn't make Rogue get the claws due to her touching Wolverine. That would have been really stupid, given that they aren't a mutation.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Sandwich Lord Ultimate_Sandwich's Avatar

Loony Bob, I am afraid you are mistaken. Wolverine's natural bone claws ARE a mutation, just like his healing factor. The adamantium is the only unnatural part of him, that's why Rogue gains bone claws, not metal.

Yeah, I collect comics. And no, they are not stupid. Not like TV...

*Dylan
    MikMan vs Stickman: Finally! After 3 years! EPISODE 4!!!
    You miss Miktszu's Cloud and Nanaki? They're back, in a new world!

Back from the dead. Now with heartier bread.
    ...I, uh, didn't mean for that to rhyme...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I thought they were also adamantium? =o It's kinda weird for someone to have a mechanical mutation. Then again, I suppose there were guys made out of metal, too. Man, it's been ages since I read the comics and collected the cards. Good times.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They are laced with adamantium.

I've been reading the Ultimate X-men series. Yeesh, that reminds me, I haven't picked up my subscription issues from the comic shop for over a month! :aimsurp:
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I was reading Xtreme X-men untile a couple months ago when it became all dumb and boring. Last I read, Rogue and Gambit had both lost their powers (maybe they got them back though... I dunno), and uhh... nothing else really important. The X-men continuity is all messed up anyway.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's what happens when you try to keep a story going for four decades... there's only so much 'outlandishness' the writers can come up with before they start to run out of, or worse recycle, ideas.
    Fortunately, now we have the X-Men movies to showcase all the good and original ideas, without the convolution and murky continuity that comes from an on-going comic series...

Actually, I've never read an X-Men comic, although I did plenty of research into them (inspired by the films) and I once read a cross-over novel combining the X-Men with another fictional cast.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The issues from the late 80s-early 90s were best.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

actually Big D, the movies are inferior compared to almost all of claremounts issues of teh x-men, best stuff, check out when he worked with Lee and the dark pheonix saga.

it's only recently within teh last couple of years did the x-men continuity really fall apart mainly instigated BY the movies...as marvel sold tier soles to cash in. unlike DC who simply delt with continuity problems with CRISIS on infinite earths and zero hour. theres no comparison that DC is better at teh moment.

Wolverine whos history dates back to long long ago was born with bone claws and a healing factor. eventually teh canadians were making their own super soildger projects and trapped logan...infusing his skeleton with adamantium and sending him off the deep end....eraseing his past history. at somepoint rogue must have touched him since she now has bone claws

does anyone know how old wolverine is? because i've seen issues of him in world war 2
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

i belive he predates teh american depresstion.....if i remeber right his origin stems from the "little house on the priari" period and before that. Marvel did a Origin story...i didnt read it, but then they will reinvent that any time they want. during WW2 he served in teh canadian secret service

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    Quote Originally Posted by Gau
    They are laced with adamantium.
    Yeah, Matt's right. Wolverine actually had bone claws, they got covered in Adamantium. I stoped collecting X-Men comics ages ago.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    i belive he predates teh american depresstion.....if i remeber right his origin stems from the "little house on the priari" period and before that. Marvel did a Origin story...i didnt read it, but then they will reinvent that any time they want. during WW2 he served in teh canadian secret service
    I have that Origin series, it's pretty good. Tells about when he first discovers his powers. It looks like he's from the south, I don't remember where/when it was though.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!