Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: EoFF is, apparently, something awful. Prepare yourselves.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*shrug*

Signature by rubah. I think.

And then, of course, there's always the kind of publicity you get from something like this, which attracts other like-minded people from among the ranks of SA's (non-paying) goons. They come to the forum, end up browsing, realizing that since the people are pretty cool and there's a common interest, they might as well sign up too.

So...yeah. That's why I'm here now.

Hi.

>_>;

Wow, I am now "stupider" after actually reading all the "witty" remarks from Something Awful. May God have mercy on their soul.

I didn't find that funny whatsoever. Since they seem so keen on insulting us, I don't see any harm in returning a few of my own. Here we go.....

"A debt collection agency demanding that you pay them for all the bounced checks you wrote to the local anime store run by some sweaty fat ass who still sleeps with his parents when the night light is in the shop for repairs is not considered stalking."

Nice run on sentence. Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron. You can gradually see his desperation to make this insult great as the sentence goes on. A word of advice when making an insult....don't make one insult out of one's used a thousand times.

"The Something Awful Forums hates new users so much that we don't even allow them to introduce themselves. It's to stop threads like this from happening every single day..."

....and....

"As an avid fan of Final Fantasy I never go outside or socialize with anyone. I love all my level 99 characters with maxed stats and all the super special weapons and that one summon that takes roughly four days to get. My playtime is at 426 hours and 7 minutes. "

I thoroughly enjoy the contradiction in the insults. First they try to accuse people at EOFF of having no socialization skills, and then they prevent people from introducing themselves on their own forums. YES, I best socialize with people when I don't let them know I actually exist (100% sarcastic, since Something Awful can't distinguish sarcasm. Again, we learn about that in grade school and by SOCIALIZING with other people).

"Someone please email me and answer me this question, WHAT IS WITH STUPID FINAL FANTASY FANS AND HORRIBLE POETRY? Please for the love of God."

For the love of God! Believe it or not, God gave us this strange gift called "free will" which enables us to express ourselves through things like poetry, or in your case, the dimeaning of other people. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

And how can you criticize poetry when you don't write? Oh....I forgot. Writing poetry is totally geeky. We should all try to be more like the people at SA, they are "tres" cool. You don't obtain the status of "cool" by dressing up like a bunch of wannabe skaters and making fun of people who like to express their emotions. But whatever, keep on acting tough, make fun of geeks, get piss faced at the bar, stare at the "chicks", and my GOD will people think you are cool.

"I think that people become so involved in these things because there is something missing in their life. I have no solution for these people. I only know how to ridicule them."

Umm....something must be missing in your life if you take the time to create an entire web page based on ridiculing other people. It must give you a real ego boost, since you can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I don't see a problem with people here. They aren't afraid to express themselves about different things. Unique people are the most interesting to associate with, not "macho" jackasses at SA.

Anyhow, I'm done ranting. I don't speak for all the members here, but that's just what I think. Delete the post if you think it's too crude.
    Last edited by Storm; 04-26-2004 at 02:34 PM.

Um...hm. Maybe I introduced myself at a bad time. I'll leave the room, come back in and try again.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

*late but who cares?* That's funny. I'm so proud of you, EoFF

Quote Originally Posted by Fisticuffs
    Um...hm. Maybe I introduced myself at a bad time. I'll leave the room, come back in and try again.
    >_>
    <_<

I thought SA's infiltration was hilarious. And hold 0 against you. *nods*

But then again I have just returned from a 9(ish) month leave of this forum, so I don't know how much weight my words hold.
    'frr_Vegeta

Eh? No, no. I am no forum goon, just a lower-class browser-citizen of their site. I just figured this'd be a good place to inspect, and I was right for once. Now I just need to keep my typical posting binges-and-purges under control...*twitch*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Fisticuffs is a good exampl of why turning registration back on was a good idea.

Thank you for your kind words, Cid. The welcome I've gotten so far, even at this ungodly hour, has given me a light tingle of happiness running down my back. Much like Scope, save for the fact that one does not usually apply mouthwash directly onto the spinal cord.

Yeah, most of the people here find it funny, that's good. The whiners... eh. There's always whiners.

Anyway. SA is just bitter because they know, deep down, that Fark is better.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I am now "stupider" after actually reading all the "witty" remarks from Something Awful. May God have mercy on their soul.

I didn't find that funny whatsoever. Since they seem so keen on insulting us, I don't see any harm in returning a few of my own. Here we go.....

"A debt collection agency demanding that you pay them for all the bounced checks you wrote to the local anime store run by some sweaty fat ass who still sleeps with his parents when the night light is in the shop for repairs is not considered stalking."

Nice run on sentence. Go back to grade 8, you mongloid moron. You can gradually see his desperation to make this insult great as the sentence goes on. A word of advice when making an insult....don't make one insult out of one's used a thousand times.

"The Something Awful Forums hates new users so much that we don't even allow them to introduce themselves. It's to stop threads like this from happening every single day..."

....and....

"As an avid fan of Final Fantasy I never go outside or socialize with anyone. I love all my level 99 characters with maxed stats and all the super special weapons and that one summon that takes roughly four days to get. My playtime is at 426 hours and 7 minutes. "

I thoroughly enjoy the contradiction in the insults. First they try to accuse people at EOFF of having no socialization skills, and then they prevent people from introducing themselves on their own forums. YES, I best socialize with people when I don't let them know I actually exist (100% sarcastic, since Something Awful can't distinguish sarcasm. Again, we learn about that in grade school and by SOCIALIZING with other people).

"Someone please email me and answer me this question, WHAT IS WITH STUPID FINAL FANTASY FANS AND HORRIBLE POETRY? Please for the love of God."

For the love of God! Believe it or not, God gave us this strange gift called "free will" which enables us to express ourselves through things like poetry, or in your case, the dimeaning of other people. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

And how can you criticize poetry when you don't write? Oh....I forgot. Writing poetry is totally geeky. We should all try to be more like the people at SA, they are "tres" cool. You don't obtain the status of "cool" by dressing up like a bunch of wannabe skaters and making fun of people who like to express their emotions. But whatever, keep on acting tough, make fun of geeks, get piss faced at the bar, stare at the "chicks", and my GOD will people think you are cool.

"I think that people become so involved in these things because there is something missing in their life. I have no solution for these people. I only know how to ridicule them."

Umm....something must be missing in your life if you take the time to create an entire web page based on ridiculing other people. It must give you a real ego boost, since you can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I don't see a problem with people here. They aren't afraid to express themselves about different things. Unique people are the most interesting to associate with, not "macho" jackasses at SA.

Anyhow, I'm done ranting. I don't speak for all the members here, but that's just what I think. Delete the post if you think it's too crude.
    Perhaps we shouldn't take this too seriously, Storm. *snicker*
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish they had made fun of my poetry, but I'll take being selected for the opening salvo of pictures.

Hi. SA arn't the same as the football players that beat you up, Storm. They're certainly not macho, nor have I ever seen anyone there claim to be.

And maybe they do write poetry, only it's good poetry. !

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    Anyway. SA is just bitter because they know, deep down, that Fark is better.
    in ur dreams animu boi :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I wish they'd make fun of my Heidegger thread *sad puppy face*