Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unhappy Motivation

Do you ever go through times in your life when you feel really unmotivated for a long period of time? Not just the odd day when you can't concentrate, but for weeks at a time?

I'm like this at the moment, finding it hard to focus on college work and stuff, I try but I always just want to do something else, and get distracted, and I know I'm going to end up not doing as well as I could do. It's not even as if it's hard work, it's stuff that's okay to do.

Did this ever happen to you, or do you have any tips on how to motivate myself again?
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I go through phases. A great example is EoFF's Site Staff - one month I'll do absoloutely nothing, the next month I'll be gathering people back together, setting out what needs to be done and doing my best to encourage others to do it for me (). My motivation at EoFF is the desire to be the best FF site on the internet, and to have more registered members (who have posted) than FFO. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but dammit, I'll try.

In life, my motivation is anything that I want and don't have. I think of something - anything - and use it to motivate me. Right now, I'm motivated to pay off my debt so I can have true financial independence. I'll have that done soon. The next motivation will be to go and see a few of my internet friends such as Emma and Ally and Steffy. The motivation after that will be to return to NZ so I can be with my real life friends, Nicky and Sus. The motivation in the long term is to tour North America and maybe some other countries, have Stef fall in love with me again and live happily ever after. Oh, and to turn Aiyon into a successful RPG. Or something.

I can still be temporarily demotivated by some things, but I just keep all that in mind and when you have such massive things in mind, you start to take more care of the little things.

You need goals, basically. Goals or fear. Goals are obviously better.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I had a discussion with my mom about trying hard at badminton. Of course I ended up trying hard, but that's not the point.

I am motivated by punishment, and therefore things with no punishment (ie: the FF8 map I promised to do months ago) won't get done quickly.

NOW thanks to ~*^~Eternal~Shiva^~*|\/|oo* 's help, I can do it yay....now to find some time to do it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you don't do it by the end of this week I'll ban you.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'll have it done by friday....probably/maybe.

Most likely.

I'm unmotivated in school. Mostly not motivated to study. Example: Today I have a huge math test and I have absolutely no idea how to do any of it. I wasn't motivated to study at all. That's bad though, because now I will flunk. I need motivation.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am at school now, and I have to finish up a speech. I decided to delay for awhile and mess around on here. I got time. I just need MOTIVATION! *remembers that I will fail if I don't do it* Oh yeah...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know the feeling I went through that for most of the year then ended up quitting college (too far behind to catch up and it was a "I quit" or "you're out" moment due to disciplinaries.) but since then I found my motivation and am out trying to find a job (I discovered I was happier when I actually had money comming in and I could go out and not have to worry about finances or having to ask a mate to sort it out, borrowing makes me feel insignificant and pathetic). most people get a lack of motivation as a warning that somethings arent right maybe it's time for a change or a break I was a "perpetual student" now I am a lot happier trying to earn money. I'm not done with education by a longshot should never of walked out or let my motivation drop but I can always go back after a break from it if I feel the need to.

Only one thing has motivated me, getting my high school diploma so I can get a good paying job in Canada. Now I'm graduating.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:Joel, you have this thing about Canada. You seem to think that it's the answer to all of your problems, but we have just as many problems here as you do in the US, more or less, except we have less guns.

Jobs here are just as scarse/scarce (sp?) as the are in the US. I was just about to get my posting for a <i>temporary part-time</i> position, not even <i>regular,</i> and now we're on strike. That would be my luck. Canada isn't all that you seem to think that it is.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ooc:hmm but if he's a BMXer it would explain things slightly seeing as some of the best places in the world to ride are all in canada. we all know that no matter where you go theres never going to be that pot of gold I want to really work in asia (japan preferably) but there it is hard for a brittish person to get jobs cause we are brittish but still doesn't stop me dreaming. canada isn't much better than america and england isnt much better than europe (the mainland continent before someone says but england is europe, anyways we are a bloody island only connect by a sub surface train line is austrailia asia because its close to it?) yet Leeza I'm sure we can agree that it is impossible to explain that to the people flooding over our borders looking for a better life.

Not a fan of the far right but not a fan of everyone immigrating in hopes of a better life either no where on this earth has the perfect way of life so why look for it

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The grass is always greener on the other side of the international border.

Shame is my motivation in life, namely the avoidance thereof.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I've been unmotivated since I started uni, which has been years, so too long now I guess it's the lack of goals, since before that, my goal was to get into this uni, which no longer applies once I'm here unfortunately. I guess I've been temporarily motivated to do some work though since I've been here - come to think of it, in all those cases, it's been when my work is something that someone else is likely depending on me to do, such as a group project last year, or even helping here I guess
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I know what you mean, Xander. Some days, I'll be able to do anything I want to do. Other days, I'll be extremely "lazy" and not do anything constructive at all. If I have important work to finish, I'll probably attempt to get it out of the way as soon as I possibly can. If I have non-urgent jobs lined up, I'll leave them to the last minute (more often than not).

I guess motivation has a lot to do with what sort of mood you're in.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I really haven't been motivated lately to write any poems. I just don't have any inspiration. That, and I can't find my Get Up Kids CD, which is my main source of motivation for my poems.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?