Thread: The Animatrix. (spoilers possible)

Default The Animatrix. (spoilers possible)

I can't believe I waited a year to see this, but it was worth it.

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but I am impressed by the story-telling of this, more so than animation...which doesn't mean I'm knocking on the animation, because I thought it was great, but I really liked this DVD.

My "two" favorite stories on this were The Renaissance Part 1/2 and Final Flight of the Osiris. They're obviously two of the most graphic...but still...the story-telling was nice. I liked the Renaissance, not only because it told what happened prior to the first Matrix, but because it was a bit emotional. They made it to the point where you felt sorry for the machines (even though that one machine pretty much slaughtered people...where one scene had one guy's face ripped apart...wow), especially those Vietnam like scenes where the robot was tied with his hands behind his back and then shot "cold-blooded." What really surprised me was that there were humans willing to die for the machines' "cause"(I put this in paranthesis because it's hard to say what their cause is since by definition they are "artificial"). I guess it was because they made some of the machines look so cute and stuff...and there was this one machine who was dressed as a girl...I thought they were gonna rape her until her synthetic skin came off and "she" was shot in the back with a shotgun...but eh.

Final Flight of the Osiris was great...because it linked to the first portion of Matrix Reloaded. I liked how those CG animations were done with the machines...funny though, in the movie it takes far less shots to kill those things than they did in Osiris...but oh well. I just felt sorry for that crew and such...but eh, I knew it was going to happen...but when you see it, sympathy can't help but intervene.

I liked Detective's Story because it was more closer to the Matrix trilogy. I'm sure every pervert is drooling over CAM(Carrie-Anne-Moss) after see it, but eh. Matriculated was a bit odd, I understood some of it and didn't understand some of it. Like, why did that woman freak out at the end? Was it because the machine brought it back to life? The others were okay in terms of story...but Renaissance PArt I and II, Osiris, Detective's Story, and Matriculated were my favorites.

So yeah...I know I'm late on this...but wow, I loved it. So yeah...thoughts would be nice. Keep it clean.

Yeah I loved the Second Renaissance. I doubt the humans that did help the machines helped because they were "cute". The machines had developed rudimentary sentience. B-166R said that he "didn't want to die." Would an unintelligent machine say that, or even FEEL that it was true? That's why I felt for the machines in the moive. They wanted to be like the humans, but the humans were ignorant and wouldn't let them.

So many parallels to real life in that bit...
    lol signature

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought they were all good. I was happy to get the DVD last Christmas, though I saw it when it first came out. I can't even remember the names of them anymore... They were all cool though. xD

Quote Originally Posted by jebusabsolute
    Yeah I loved the Second Renaissance. I doubt the humans that did help the machines helped because they were "cute". The machines had developed rudimentary sentience. B-166R said that he "didn't want to die." Would an unintelligent machine say that, or even FEEL that it was true? That's why I felt for the machines in the moive. They wanted to be like the humans, but the humans were ignorant and wouldn't let them.

So many parallels to real life in that bit...
    I didn't mean that they humans helped them because they were cute, but because they believed in their cause and died for it. Too bad some of the machines couldn't see that. I wouldn't say the machine was unintelligent, more like, would an "artificial" lifeform say that?

If people do believe in a creator, then we humans are artificial in itself. In ideas that correspond to the Matrix, we're no different than the Machines themselves. But I really sympathized more with the machines than the humans, despite some of the brutal and graphics scenes displaced by both parties.

Yeah I thought they were all good 2. Like by watching this helped me understand the Matrix triology. Renaissance was pretty cool, and Kid was cool pencil motion art work. An detective story reminded me of Vash for some reason. An I thought everyone was going to spoiler**die because everyone died in animatrix .

i thought that one with that boy in school was good i can't remember the name

Quote Originally Posted by sora
    i thought that one with that boy in school was good i can't remember the name
    It's Kid's Story.

The one I didn't understand complete was matriculated. It was very abstract.

Program was kind of neat, it just showed people some of the programs that they were faced with after leaving the MAtrix. Much like Cypher wanted to go back because he wanted the fantasy world. Beyond, some people didn't understand, was pretty much a glitch in the matrix. Which I thought was neat how they implemented that.

i didnt like matriculated as much as the rest but i thought it was just ok...my favorite was the second renaissance and beyond (something about beyond intrigues me)...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]