Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Any Rinoa Haters

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I personally Like the FF8 character set quite a bit. They tend to be more done to earth realistic characters(althought they tend to lean to the extreme sides but that is alright). I know many a person that makes rinoa look like a saint, and I have never been for those perfect legend heros that some games have... I like them being human and having their faults, it makes them more likable imo. And she does sorta grow up throughout the game.

Rinoa is better than Quina or Garnet... I mean, Quina REALLY REALLY SUCKS. Selphie is cool while Quistis is depressing...

Rinoa is a free-spirited girl, okay, she speaks without thinking in the consecuences, which normally drives her to trouble but at least she´s trying to do something for the world´s sake.

And if I remember correctly, she once said: "I don´t know, I think I was in love" (refering to Seifer, of course), well, I say, if she had to think, then she was not in love with him, ´cause when you´re truly in love you just know it, you feel it, it´s not as if someone can tell you if you´re or not in love, it´s something only you know.

Oh, I forgot... the rap was... um... cool?
    [IMG]

The worst foe lies within the self

I thought the "I don't know I think I was in love" comment came from Quistis regarding Squall at the huge-coincidence scene?

Anyway, Riona is actually a well developed character. She has an opinion, and tries to get her way. I'll take that any day over the "Tee hee... whatever you say is surely right, protagonist!" mold that many female love interests seem to fall into.

I mean, remember FFIV? In Chang's castle? "Will you two ladies remain behind and be support? Regardless of the fact that you are our only white mage, and only caster of any competence, you should leave this "war" business to the men and start making dinner. Meanwhile, I'll take Chang and Edward, who-gets-KO'd-by-squirrels-and-runs-from-moogles, and defend the castle with only my manliness and no healing spells."

And then they tried to do it AGAIN at the end of the game! Thank goodness the females had the good sense to ignore them that time!

I do think Riona was imperiled a bit too often though.
    Last edited by Remnant; 11-20-2004 at 04:27 PM.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

I mean, remember FFIV? In Chang's castle? "Will you two ladies remain behind and be support? Regardless of the fact that you are our only white mage, and only caster of any competence, you should leave this "war" business to the men and start making dinner. Meanwhile, I'll take Chang and Edward, who-gets-KO'd-by-squirrels-and-runs-from-moogles, and defend the castle with only my manliness and no healing spells."
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

No, Rinoa says "I don´t know I think I was in love" when Selphie asks her if Seifer was her boyfriend (in Galbadia Garden). Futhermore, Rinoa is strong, I mean, she´s not a SeeD and is not trained as well as the rest of the gang are, but she´s there, fighting alongside them.
    [IMG]

The worst foe lies within the self

I personally like Riona, She reminds me of my wife..

I've always hated Rinoa. I disliked Aeris too. Yuffie was terrible while we're at it.

Quistis will always be my personal favorite from all the FF games.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Quistis will always be my personal favorite from all the FF games
    Ditto.
    I wish some crazed villain had came flyin down from above and impaled her wit his long-ass sword, and afterward, Squall dumps her in the lake

i personally really dislike rinoa, i just find her annoying and she seems to whine a lot and expect sympathy.

i am not a big fan of any female FF characters, except Yuna.

and if u love someone you love them for who they are, u dont try to change them into something u can love better like rinao did to squall.

and at the end, squall smiling?? very freaky

and if u love someone you love them for who they are, u dont try to change them into something u can love better like rinao did to squall.
    He changed on his own as a result, yes, of being around Rinoa, but she did not force it.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I wish I was Sephiroth darkmischief's Avatar

hate rinoa...makes no sense

i can see how ppl can not like rinoa..suire shes kinda whiny and all..but i guess she kinda is born to a "rich" family so mayb shes a little spoiled..but hate her...yea rite...shes really good at making squall happy...shes hot too :rolleyes2
    Signature removed for being too freaking big.

Ok den she ainy my fav character but i mean Hatin her dats a bit rash init with out her wot would ff8 be yeah she made mistakes aka goin out with seifer but she is a gd character, still fink quistis is better looking

Without Rinoa ffVIII would be even better. And i think it was Seifer who made a mistake by going out with her, no wonder he didn't want anybody to know.