Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This book is not one to be simply tossed aside. It should be thrown with great force.

'The Valkyries' by Paolo Coehlo. 'The Alchemist' was good, but this one was a pile of self-indulgent toss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Forrest Gump.
    Have you read the sequel, Forrest Gump and Co. ? I really like that one... I haven't read the original, though. But then sequel was pretty fun!

As for worst book ever... hmmm... Beloved was painful to read. As was Tess of the D'Urbervilles (sp?) and Their Eyes Were Watching God.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I read Mars and Venus in the Bedroom after it was recommended by one of my professors. It was so stupid that I doubt she ever actually read the book herself. The entire book was basically restatements and reasons why a man has to tell a woman he loves her to get sex, and if a woman wants a man to love her she needs to give him sex. It was retarded.

a tale of two cities, as a peice of literature it's masterful, as a story it's downright boring
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    I loved that book as a kid. =P *runs*

Violin by Anne Rice was one of the worst. I couldn't find the Vampire Chronicles book that I was looking for, so when I saw this, I picked it up. It was excrutiating. I didn't even bother finishing it before I took it back to the library.

<u>A Passage To India.</u> A gay white man thinks Hinduism rocks, but has no goddamn clue how to say it. Screw you and your messed up representation of colonial India, Forster.
    Last edited by -N-; 05-02-2004 at 04:01 AM.

Oh yea! Sense and Sensibility was boring as hell too.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    Have you read the sequel, Forrest Gump and Co. ? I really like that one... I haven't read the original, though. But then sequel was pretty fun!

As for worst book ever... hmmm... Beloved was painful to read. As was Tess of the D'Urbervilles (sp?) and Their Eyes Were Watching God.
    Crap....I'm gonna have to read both of those books next year.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    I loved that book as a kid. =P *runs*
    I thank you for keeping the quote in green. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Nobody ever bothers to keep it green when they quote me.

Anyways, maybe I will give 20,000 another read someday. I don't know it was something along the lines of 2nd grade when I read it so I don't remember it much. It can't be that bad if Sci fi did had a movie on it, right? And to be honest, Jules Verne isn't a bad author.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

<u>The Great Gatsby</u>

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

<i>Return of the Native</i> is pretty bad. I had to read it for HS. It did involve a street urchin who kept coins in his shoes, and a man who was solid red because he sold dye for a living, but unfortunately this wasn't enough to divert my attention from the mind-destroying pain of reading the rest of the book.

There are other books I had to read in HS, but I seem to have forgotten the names. This is probably a defense mechanism.

I liked <i>Of Mice and Men</i> very much, myself.

Their Eyes Were Watching God and House Made of Dawn both sucked horribly.

Also The Scarlet Letter.

Damn you HS English!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    <u>The Great Gatsby</u>
    Oh yeah, I remember having to read that in high school. I found it very dull.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I almost picked Return of the Native. It is certainly down there.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao

I havent, no. I'll keep an eye out for it. There was some of Forrest Gump that was okay, but it just went swiftly downhill.

And I loved of Mice and Men! Beautiful story... except that it was ruined for me. We were silently reading in class and I was ahead of everyone (because I read fast) and, in fact, only a few pages away from the end. My teacher was also the football coach, and one of the players passed by and came in for a chat. He looks around, then goes "Oh, they're reading Of Mice and Men? Did they get to the part were (SPOILER)George shoots Lenny yet?"

I hate that guy to this day.