Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Monthly Report

Default Baseball Monthly Report

OMG...it's liek another sports thread!

Yeah, I'm on another RANGERS high right now, so I made this thread. It's to discuss the RANGERS and other surprises. I think the three best surprises this year have been the RANGERS, Padres, and Yankees (:chop.

OMG, the RANGERS. They are so freakin' awesome. Nobody thought they would do ANYTHING this year, and they have the best record in the freakin' majors. OMG! They're hitting a freakin' .310 as a team. Their backup catcher is hitting .300. They've got the 4th lowest ERA in the AL. They just swept the Red Sox (4-3,8-5,4-1). And they really haven't changed that much. The #1 reason they're winning is because of R.A. Dickey, just one pitcher, I know, but he's pitched great this year. And THIS is their best lineup, because I'm on such a RANGERS high:

SS - Michael Young .356, 17 RBI
    3B - Hank Blalock .324, 6 HR, 21 RBI
    2B - Alfonso Soriano .333, 2 HR, 17 RBI
    DH - Brad Fullmer, .247, 3 HR, 12 RBI
    1B - Mark Teixeira .242, 2 HR, 7 RBI
    LF - David Dellucci .345, 3 HR, 6 RBI
    CF - Laynce Nix .365, 5 HR, 14 RBI
    RF - Kevin Mench .315, 3 HR, 12 RBI
    C - Gerald Laird .352, .400 OBP

SP Kenny Rogers 3-1 4.25 ERA
    SP Chan Ho Park 1-3 5.64 ERA
    SP R.A. Dickey 4-1 3.48 ERA
    SP Ryan Drese 1-0 2.91 ERA
    SP Joaquin Benoit 1-0 3.57 ERA
    RP Jay Powell 1-0 1.80 ERA
    RP Jeff Nelson 0-1 2.79 ERA
    CP Francisco Cordero 2.38 ERA 10/10 Sv/Opp

Freakin' awesome. So let's talk about the RANGERS. And how much the Yankees suck.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Detroit is more surprising. SD could be a good team, and the Yankees are not going away. April is like an extension of spring training, really. It doesn't mean much, but who knows some of those teams could carry this momentum down the stretch.

As for Texas I'll let you have your moment and not state my opinion of them.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

YOU'RE JUST GELLUS! ALSO I"M NOT JUST ON A RAGNERS HIGH I"M ON THE OTHER KIND. ): RANGERS RULE AND YOU KNOW IT STUPID GREEN AND YELLOW ATHLETICS POOPER. YOU JUST GELLUS, YOU GELLUS PERSON.

*cough* I don't care about the Tigers, as nobody on this forum does. I said the Padres just to please Matt. But the Rangers still deserve credit. You're just jealous cause yer A's are in third. And Barry Zito uses steroids. I saw it on the telly. Atleast...they said some baseball player named Barry did. I dunt remember. And they swept the Red Sox. That's more than your A's can say. They can't even beat the Devil Rays on a 6-game losing streak. You simply jest at my mighty uber-team because they are young. You only say that the Yankees are not out of it because they beat your putridly-uniformed A's badly. Okay I'm done now.

I care about the Tigers.

I didn't know anybody even outside of this forum cared about the Tigers.

If the Rangers are in first at the end of June, then I can see things turning around for you. Honestly, the best team in Texas is still the Astros.

Major Storylines This Year:

1. Barry Bonds - Can't pitch to him, can't walk him, what do you do?

2. Struggles Of "Aces" - Zito, Mussina (Until tonight), Halladay, Mulder, Morris (Until tonight), Maddux, and Randy Johnson have all been erratic. Will they round into form? Chances are.. yes.

3. Roger Clemens - For some reason is not getting the same attention, but he's 5-0, and possibly threatening for another Cy Young early in the season. Also, 5 K's away from second place all time.

4. Injuries - Mark Prior, Nomar, and Chipper Jones to name three big players who are hurt. Will they return soon, and how will they react?

5. Yankees - They get their own category because they are really in a league of their own. After their well documented and much beloved struggles early on, they are beginning to get on a roll, just as Boston struggles, same old, same old.

6. The Surprising Play Of The Underdog - Rangers, Padres, and Tigers are playing their way right out of the cellar this year, can they keep it up?

One month down, but the summer looms.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by captain
    5. Yankees - They get their own category because they are really in a league of their own. After their well documented and much beloved struggles early on, they are beginning to get on a roll, just as Boston struggles, same old, same old.
    Well, to give Boston credit, they had won six games in a row until they came to the Ballpark in Arlington, and lost 3 games to the Rangers in 2 days. Yeh can't blame them for that...everyone loses to the Rangers.

For now anyway, for now.

There are five step programs that will be available once you crash from your high and the Rangers lack of true starting pitching catches up. Is Chan Ho Park still on the roster, by the by?

Take care all.

True starting pitchers? They do have Kenny Rogers. R.A. Dickey has been able to pitch 100+ pitches a game. He's done it twice this year, in 5 starts. He pitched 185 pitches in a college game. And they have a great bullpen, in addition to their starting pitching. And they've finally gotten a closer since John Wetteland in CoCo Cordero. He's been dominant this year. They won't go away. And as bad as you think they may truly be, they're still beating the AL West, and keeping on top, sure, a month into the season, but it counts for something.

And Chan Ho is on the roster.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-03-2004 at 05:29 AM.

"True starting pitchers? They do have Kenny Rogers. R.A. Dickey has been able to pitch 100+ pitches a game. He's done it twice this year, in 5 starts. He pitched 185 innings in a college game."

I believe this speaks for itself.

You mean college season, right?

I'm just busting your chops, enjoy your time in the sun.

Take care all.

*cough* I don't know what I'm writing. I meant "pitches". I dunno what I type when I type it.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not a big follower of baseball, but when they announce the scores on the radio (or wherever I hear them), it's always "Barry Bonds hit another homer today", or "Barry Bonds didn't hit a homer today", or "Barry Bonds farted as he walked up to the plate today", or "Barry Bonds didn't eat his asparagus today", etc. etc. Then, almost under their breath, they'll announce "Oh, and the Giants lost the game."

Kind of annoying.

Yeah. Tell that to Strider, please. That's the way we all feel.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think Bonds gets mentioned too Bonds. If it's Bonds to them then the Bonds should be able to Bonds all they need to.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, what team has the most wins in the majors coming into today? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    I'm not a big follower of baseball, but when they announce the scores on the radio (or wherever I hear them), it's always "Barry Bonds hit another homer today", or "Barry Bonds didn't hit a homer today", or "Barry Bonds farted as he walked up to the plate today", or "Barry Bonds didn't eat his asparagus today", etc. etc. Then, almost under their breath, they'll announce "Oh, and the Giants lost the game."

Kind of annoying.
    That is so true! The Padres freakin spanked the Giants up in SF and all they talked about was Bonds hitting a homerun and getting walked a few times. They didn't even mention when Jake Peavy struck him out looking.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!