Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The final battle

Default The final battle

Hey guy's and gals

Right im lvling up at the moment and everyone is around 50 exept freya whos 40 couse i never use her. Zidane is 63 couse of unavoidable reasons. Ive got just about everyones ultima weapens and im thinking if i should go to memoria and then come back to do more training for the final battles. So what was everyones stats before they compleated the game
    ?

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

My entire party around level 60 (Zidane, Steiner, Amarant and Garnet.) Make sure you guard against as many status effects as you can.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Stats don't really matter. As long as you have Auto-Regen and some decent weapons (and thus decent abilities...), you'll obliterate the final boss.

IM planning on using zidane steiner eiko and dagger couse i found this decent stratagy for necron and kuja.

You're around lv 50 with all your ultimate weapons? I was only in the 50-60 area myself the first time I beat it, and I only had one ultimate weapon (Quina's). I think you've got it covered.

THis game pretty easy.

Get everyone with auto regen and auto haste (i made a note of this as soon as i got feather boots in disk 3)

Then every battle is easy (even Ozma)

you will get ~10 levels in memoria (i had lvl up equpped thou)

with those abilities all you have to use is the occasional phoenix/antidote.

Boss is nothing like those in FFVII or VIII (which were actually worthy of calling bosses)

Actually, Necron is generally considered to be the hardest of the PSX final bosses, and Sephiroth is usually considered a pussy.

My first time playing through FFIX was on level ~63 at necron, only got ko's from meteor (and only on vivi and garnet which i phoenixed with steiner and zidane). Otherwise just attacked/cast flare/shocked/sighed with boredome/ scanned and missed/ detected for items to steal/ tried to steal nothing in a deperate attempt to get something, some satisfaction, from this boss.

Give me emerald weapon any day who rewards you with all-summon, all-magic, all-command and is actually hard. (and has more than 2 health)

FFIX isn't hard because - believe it or not - RPGs are meant to be fun! Isn't that bizarre?

Maybe, just maybe, Square isn't trying to give you repetitive strain injury through repeatedly mashing X to defeat Necron because it wants you to buy other games in its endlessly multiplying series. Or I could be wrong.

Necron is the last of the fun bosses in the FFs. After that it becomes irritating turkey. eg: Sin, Seymour Flux, Shuyin, etc. Not 'cos they're hard but because they're
    NOT . FUN . TO . PLAY .

There. Sulky rant over. I hope the pile of smoking carcasses and smouldering debris I left in my wake isn't too big.

I found necron boring because all i did was attack/shock/phoenix and he was dead.

I found bosses and battles in FFX alot more engaging because could swap chs, chs had in-battle character (if you know what i mean), and you actually used the abilities of your characters to do stuff. The optional bosses are good in FFX (although a little insane), such as dark aeons but the final bosses are crap, I mean the last real boss is seymour and hes not very dramatic, I just found the whole FFX battle system more engaging and hence more fun.

Although, i played FFX before FFIX, and then i played FFVI (in that order), battles, esp bosses in FFVI have to be some of the best. Mabey i just like FFVII bosses because of cool music (and nostalgia, FFVII was my first final fantasy (oxmoron))

So all i really need is to learn auto-haste and auto regen.

I have not got far in the game, but I've watched my brother (Mr.Cal) defeat Necron countless times, and I have noticed that leveling up must actually be fun!

Oh yeah. It's fun if you're fighting the more challenging opponents, like there's many of them at lvl. 70 but still it's great!

In response FluroChoco, I agree that the slash-cast-revive routine was very repetitive but I think the spectaclar magic Necron cast and the enemy design was way ahead of FFX

…But that's just me.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you're level 50 and you know what you're doing, you shouldn't have trouble beating Necron.

You shouldn't have too much trouble. I beat him with Vivi, Quina, Garnet, and Zidane in my party.

Zidane was level 68 and did about 7000 with thievery.
    Garnet was level 72 (everybody else had virus inflicted on them, so she gained about 20 levels by the time I reached Kuja).
    Quina was level 51.
    Vivi was level 60 and did about 4000 with blizzaga, when necron had shell cast on him.

All of them had auto haste, auto regen, and auto reflect equiped.
    Garnet and Zidane also had auto life equiped.

I never attacked with garnet and really didn't use her for much now that I think about it. I figured I would use Quina's Angel's Snack ability to remove the status changes inflicted, but that didn't really happen either. I would cast Blizzaga on my party and reflect it back to Necron for about 4000, and I would use Zidanes thievery for about 7000. Thats about all... now it's time to start my new game.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting