13 27.08%
  • Tellah

12 25.00%
  • Fu'soy'a

4 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most pathetic FFIV Charector besides Edgar

Default Most pathetic FFIV Charector besides Edgar

so, besides edgar, who's really terrible?
    vote in the poll, post why to the thread?

I know I can't spell charecter.
    Clyde Arronwy, The Great and Magnificent Gumby, Lord Thanatosimii, Having Been Bequiethed of the Poke-dom, Ruler of Gumbolivia, Third member of "The Mind Whose Name Dare Not Be Spoken Aloud"

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm assuming you're talking about Edward, because Edgar was the womanizing king in FFVI. Anyways, my vote is for Tellah. Yeah, he has one of the best lines in the game but never having more than 90 MP is such a pain (yeah, I know the story can't advance if he has 99 or more MP ).
    Figaro Castle

Who's That?

Hm. It's either Cid or Yang. If I remember correctly, Cid was alright, but he was only an average attacker, and Yang was a bit stronger, but he wasn't around during a difficult part of the game, so he wasn't needed as much as most everyone else. I think I'll go with Yang, much as I like him.

I thought Tellah was useful during boss fights and such, so he was pretty good.

Rosa, by far. Edward actually managed to change somewhat by the end of the game, while Rosa remained the epitome of Mary-Sue throughout the entire course of the game. And she dumped Kain because Cecil became more powerful than him. Can't. Effing. Stand. Her.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I pretty muched liked everyone. Great game with a lot of great characters.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna go with Cid. He just doesn't have any abilities that do much good. He can scan enemies, but so can Rosa. He can attack, but he can't do all that much damage. They really didn't put much thought into him as a playable character.

Yes, I can't spell. Edward. And Yang really wasn't around long enough to use the best aspects of a monk class. But my vote's for Cid.
    Clyde Arronwy, The Great and Magnificent Gumby, Lord Thanatosimii, Having Been Bequiethed of the Poke-dom, Ruler of Gumbolivia, Third member of "The Mind Whose Name Dare Not Be Spoken Aloud"

As for combat abilities, I would have said Edward. As a character, he was okay. But since he's not in the list, hmm...

I guess I'll have to go with Tellah. 90 maximum MP is a pain, especially when he's your only mage in the group, and you need both his white and black magic.

Edward is the only character that I don't like in FF4, so I won't vote for anyone else.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

I had to go with Rosa. Tough she is GREAT to have around in a fight, she's sometimes worse that frikkin' Princess "Save me Mario" Peach, story-wise.
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

I used to hate Rosa's guts too, but then, there are worse Damsel-in-distress types (*COUGH*Rinoa*COUGH*). Rosa only needs to be saved twice, once because she's sick (which, frankly, could have happened to just anyone), and when Golbez abducts her.

Beside that, I'm pretty neutral over her. I probably would have loved her more if it wasn't for the fact she dumped her boyfriend for his besfriend because he had more power. :rolleyes2

But, yeah, I digress...

Back to the topic.

chaotic neutral

Kain is the worst. No contest. I have no idea why I have to drag him around the game. His physical attacks are weaker than Cecil's or Yang's, his one ability is to jump out of the battle, and he can't cast a single spell. Edward was much more useful, and I kept hoping he or Yang would be back in the party by the end. Instead I get stuck with that moron.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Jump takes you out of combat for one round then brings you back to deal 2x damage. It's essentially the same as having a fighter who's invincible for half the fight. I fail to see how that's lame.

Yes, jump is considered one of the premier battle skills in all FF's although you haven't seen anything like unto the true wonders of jump until you've seen FF Tactics!

Oh, the edward-edgar thing is getting really confusing.
    If any admin's walk past here, couldst thee work thine magic upon this humble thread?

I can't spell. Doom to me. It came in real helpful on my AP english test today.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fusoya never really did it for me. He didn't have enough MP to use his most powerful spells a whole lot.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum