Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I might be mistaken but I feel we might have forgotten something."

Default "I might be mistaken but I feel we might have forgotten something."

On disc 2 when you arrive in Junon Harbor to get to the submarine for the huge materia Cloud stops right out of nowhere and says that. What the devil is he talking about?

THE FREAKING CANNON IS GONE

THE CANNON

*gives Linus the Most Frantic Award*

yes, it's the cannon. CLoud looks up and sees a wide open empty sky. Giving the clue that the cannon is gone.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Here comes the Get A Clue train, next stop, YOU!

it took me afew playthroughs before it dawned on me that the cannon was gone. Sudden flashback to when you ran past there for the first time and the cannon was behind you.

speaking of the cannon,on the tifa/Scarlet slap fight,did you noticed that the Junon Cannon has "Sister Ray" Painted on it?I believe it was not called that before it went to Midgar.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

It was Sister Ray the whole time, just bad translating.

What was the original meaning to it then?
    What's a jellicle cat?

Well, when you slap Scarlet, the cannon says Sister Ray, very plainly on the side of it. Later when it's moved to Midgar, she says "I'll call it the Sister Ray!"

Of course she'll call it the Sister Ray, because that's the name of the cannon. She never said "I'm naming it the Sister Ray right now!"

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Interesting. I was also wondering what Cloud was trying to say there. By the way, here's the dialogue after moving the cannon to Midgar:

RUFUS: "Will the shells really reach the far northern border?"
    SCARLET: "Ah, hah hah! Of course! But Mr. President, please do not call it a Mako cannon. This new weapon will be called... The Sister Ray!"

Since she says the weapon will be called the Sister Ray, doesn't that mean she named it right there, even though it was already called Sister Ray anyway?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Oh...
    What's a jellicle cat?

Like if I kidnapped Kami and moved her to Illinois or something, people would call her "Just some girl" and I'd be like "Don't call her Just some girl! This girl will be called.... Kami!"

Same idea1!~!

*nods* but.... you wouldn't really kidnap me!
    What's a jellicle cat?

or would he? I've kidnapped many young girls with fiery attitudes towards me, forced them to serve me, and...so on.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linus
    Well, when you slap Scarlet, the cannon says Sister Ray, very plainly on the side of it. Later when it's moved to Midgar, she says "I'll call it the Sister Ray!"
    Maybe Tifa slapped Scarlet a little too hard...
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Also a very real possibility. With that much.....chest....to draw strength from, she should get some good power. On the other hand, they probably must be in the way a lot too...

Still, that gets my vote as funniest sequence ever.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!