Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182232 ... LastLast

Thread: Who loves 8-bit theatre?

Mikaga

Default Hmm

WordBearer has a point. I hope the writer can do better in 2 days' time.

Ph3ear my FF1 Mod BlkWiz! Marak's Avatar

Welcome to Coneria. I like swords.

Well, no one can be funny ALL the time, give poor Brian a break. At least - unlike some "real" comic strips out there - Wizard of Id, Cathy, Marmaduke, et al - 8 Bit-Theater is actually funny on a regular basis! And usually, if a comic is so-so one day, the next one more than makes up for it - at least that's been my experience.
    No profanity in sigs please.
    Sigh. What profanity? I quoted Sephex's post from Eyes on Each Other from about a year ago, and any "profanity" in his post was either **** or ***** anyway. Whatever. And you wonder why forum traffic is way down.

Mikaga

Default Stop it with the ghastly sword-liking...

But I guess I'm just used to high standards from 8BT, and for once in a while it just didn't deliver. I'm sure it'll get better next "issue".

-=H&S=-WordBearer

Well it didnt, "i guess black mage has a point" episode bored me senseless, he is losing his edge for like the past 4 comics

Default 8-Bit Theatre is free, jackass

I thought it was pretty funny myself.
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

You got it, Disco. Apparently WordBearer didn't read Brian's little rant from last week
    Oh yeah... Thursday's comic was worth a good chuckle. Not the best ever, but they can't ALL be hilarious.
    Sigh. What profanity? I quoted Sephex's post from Eyes on Each Other from about a year ago, and any "profanity" in his post was either **** or ***** anyway. Whatever. And you wonder why forum traffic is way down.

LancerLady

Watching you guys talk about this is hilarious! 8-bit Theatre is my favorite comic (besides Bob and George... has anybody ever seen that one? Very funny!) and I hope that it keeps running. The daily rants are funny too.

This is my first post to this thread. I just found 8-bit Theater. It's histerical. Personally, I think they should have kept White Mage around rather than Red Mage, but thats just me. Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage is my favorite party. But Red Mage is kinda funny.

As for the most recent comics, its so funny how they just left Red Mage lay there suffering from the Werewolf wounds. And Garland is such a wussy enemy I can't stop laughing at him. I can't wait till they actually have to fight him.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Eagle: good call. Bob and George is also quite hilarious. (it's at http://www.bobandgeorge.com if you wanna go check it out). I'm surprised that Red Mage didn't have a HEAL Potion tucked in his Twink Utility Belt! That would have saved his bacon...

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Red Mage injury is a ploy by the author to get the White Mage into the party. Plus it's almost up to the fabled 100th comic to BTW.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Grin FUNNY!!!

I discovered 8 bit theatre after getting linked to it from this thread.

It was one of those nights where I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

IT WAS SOOO FUNNY!!! The whole forest thing was the best, the best. That comic rocks. I loved it. It's just too funny for words.
    If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If it is my fate to be destroyed... I must simply laugh.
    -Magus

Fighter: Guess we oughta take Red Mage back to ge healed.

Black Mage: ::smiling:: Or we could leave him here to rot.

::fighter and thief carry Red Mage off::

Black Mage: You guys suck.

Another side splitting episode of 8 bit theater. Hope he keeps it coming.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

-=H&S=-WordBearer

heh, that episode made me genuinly laugh (like it used to) but side splitting.... ?

Mikaga

Smile Don't worry...

It'll get better, it always does.

Default oh please, WordBearer...

(long time lurker, first time poster...)

First of all, they're not ALL supposed to be funny. It's clear that Brian is building a story here (a very long story since they haven't even gotten to garland yet, but that's another discussion altogether). So sometimes a comic or two has to be sacrificed for the sake of moving the story along or setting up a joke later on. Secondly, the ones that are supposed to be funny won't be hilarious to everyone every time.

Besides, like I always say, don't criticize unless you can show that you can do better. Brian has produced nearly 100 pages of comics that range from hilarious (black mage's pie woman dream) to distubing (black mage brutally murdering those guards) to fascinating (black mage's "true face", those dream sequences). This guy clearly knows what he's doing. Don't criticize him for doing more than "I like swords" in every issue.

But that's just me.

Reading this over, I think I come across meaner than I meant to and I apologize ahead of time I guess the point is: Brian has said that his 8-Bit Theatre isn't 'just another webcomic'. I for one am definitely seeing, to put it lightly, hints that this is the case. Let's just sit back and see where he takes us. If the last 90-something installments are any indication, then I cannot wait to see what the next 90, or 900 will have in store.