Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Thread: Who loves 8-bit theatre?

Mikaga

Originally posted by Eagle299
    One thing I think he should do now that he's gotten the whole cast together, is just have them decide to ignore the 4 member party rule and just have all six of them on the team from now on. He probably won't, but I think he should. Oh well.
    I don't. For starters, it scraps one thing that glues FF1 and 8BT together. For seconds, it means that each character plays less of a role. It wouldn't work, trust me.

Oh MAN, Ep.097 was hilarious! If you didn't like that one, you shouldn't be reading 8-bit.

BM:Well, that's not EXACTLY what I meant, but those tree-huggin' hippy BASTARDS are about 5 minutes from it, I'll tell you that.

Th:I'll have you know--

BB:I'm not gay!
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

Default Yup!

I agree with Mikada/Mikado/Mikoga/Mikiga/Milkwaulkie. Having four main characters, I think, is a pretty good balance between a good variety of characters without having so many that you don't get to see any one of them very much.

The whole Fighter and Black Mage thing in the beginning was fun, but I really think it would've gotten boring without the addition of one or two main characters.

They should've gone with White Mage though. It's just a better team in the game!

But then again, Black Mage hates Red Mage almost as much as he hates Fighter... and Thief... probably everyone else on the planet. So maybe that was for the best after all

(Edited for the sake of Fun With Nomenclature!)
    Last edited by demento; 11-21-2001 at 02:13 AM.

Mikaga

Default Mikada? Mikado? Mikoga? Mikiga? etc.

Can't anyone (Exception: Kishi) spell my name right?

Anyway, I also think that it's best they keep White Mage a separate character, otherwise the whole Black Mage/White Mage thing would wear weak very quickly.

Unhappy *Reads 97*

*Reads 97 and sighs*

Ugh... and it was such a good comic.

*sighs again*
    If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If it is my fate to be destroyed... I must simply laugh.
    -Magus

Default ...uh

And it still is :P

Maniac Ranma

OMG, this thread is still open? It's crazy. No matter how long I leave eoff, I can always count on my massive thread still existing.

Crazy world, this.

Frankly, I've been dissappointed these last few months. It really angers me how the author has thrown away his well crafted and thinking characters for cheap sitcom stereotypes. Seriously, look at the fighter. True, he's never been all that smart, but back in the beginning he was only a little slow. The things he said were funny. Now...? He acts like he has a mental deficiency.

All black mage does now is beat up on his comrades verbally. What happened to the good old days of hunting down old men?

The comic is losing my love. True, that doesn't mean much, but it's still a fact.

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

I think Dr Unne would like it if they would have scrapped the Red Mage and let the White mage follow, it's his favourite party

But anyway the BM+WM thing is already gotten old, and fighter has gotten too dumb, he was smarter before, right now he is a retard, before he was only slow.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Character evolution, what a horrible thing. Frankly, what use would a non-stupid Fighter have? Better this way. The other Three Wise Men are enough.

Really. I bet Fighter only acted smarter because someone else wasn't around to say his lines(Like in The Great Black Mage Hype). Thief has actually developed, before he sounded like a used car salesman, but now with his dream and the latest comic(Ep.097), he seems to have gotten much more personality. BM hasn't really changed much, all he's doing is for himself, except I think he hates Fighter more.(How has he changed from when he beat up that old man, though?)
    Even RM has more character then when he was first introduced--he's goes strictly by RPG logic.
    WM hasn't changed at all.
    BB is, from what I've seen, paranoid and wants to fight alot.
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

Mikaga

Default erm... Milkwaulkie?

Fighter's always that stupid. He only ever becomes intelligent when he's talking about swords. Just because he hasn't been talking about swords recently doesn't mean he's any more stupid. I agree with Disco too, there's more intelligent people to say more intelligent lines now.

Thief in 97 was seeming to take responsible action (!) by saying things like "Quick! Hide in the trees!" -this has changed him from the point where he was robbing red mage.

BB rocks, as usual. Quite intelligent, sure, maybe paranoid, but otherwise clever - and willing to pick fights. That rocks.

WM we haven't really seen that much of compared to say BM, Thief, Red Mage or Fighter. It's hard to say how she's changed when we've only seen 3 episodes of her since the inn.

Red Mage sounds as twink as ever, although the "if I use cure I become less efficient" was completely stupid.

I don't know why BM is actually sticking with the party. Sure, he's been legally signed up to do so, but if White Mage isn't in the party, I see no reason (from his point of view) not to fry Fighter, Thief and RM on the spot.

I wanna see more Garland

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Yes, that's true. In that dream-episode, I wouldn't have thought it was Fighter.

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

The newest comic (thanks giving special) was kinda fun. Especially what they were thankfull for.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Yeah, the thanksgiving comic was awesome. I like it when fighter says "Swordknives work even better than it sonds."

Default but...

So cliche.... but funny.
    If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If it is my fate to be destroyed... I must simply laugh.
    -Magus