Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 818222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Who loves 8-bit theatre?

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

Heh, the Ram fighting style.

Btw, anyone got a guess on how the party will screw the boat up somehow?

The boat will probably be really crappy with bandages on the side an sails with holes in and the likes.

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

Hm... I think they will get attacked and Bm will hadoken the sail or something. Just something involving hadoken would be great.

Isn't Hadoken a street fighter attack, or something?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It is indeed. The way a Black Mage holds out his hands when casting a spell is very similar to the form a person supposedly takes when throwing a hadoken in the Street Fighter series, so Brian made the connection and started having BM casting a hadoken spell. If it is spelled using the kanji I think it does, "hadoken" translates to something along the lines of "surging technique." Most people to settle for translating it to "fireball," though, since that's basically what it is.

Ooooh, thankyouverymuch.

Err...here's this...

Edit by Kishi: The comics are too large in general to post here without becoming a nuisance. People can find them on their own, anyway.
    GO HERE OR DIE.
    Besides, come and get a cookie. Because everything tastes like chicken in the end. And chicken........tastes good.(ripped off adult swim)
    yayyyyyyyy, ~*hic*~.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

*resurrects thread*

184. Best comic ever. Replace the Creep with a sock, and there you have it.

(I might archive this soon. But someone will probably just make another one, so who knows.)

Since it's ressurected my oppinion on comic 184 is: way too short, most comics are 33% bigger than this one, I don't kow why he made it that short.

Dr. Unne, doesn't the maker of this comic use the sprites from your website? You should mail him.

I just love the whole armior of invincibility thing, that is so classic...
    If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If it is my fate to be destroyed... I must simply laugh.
    -Magus

yup, the armoire was funny, I really like it, heres a few links to webcomics

www.ffglory.com
    www.megatokyo.com
    www.penny-arcade.com

If you notice, I have a link to 8BT in my sig...

Unne, don't archive it. It must live.

I think the top-right panel of 181 was pure genius.

I wonder if they'll ever visit the peninsula north of Pravoka?

Lol, that would be uber, everyone 'cept BM would die then White mage would come and save the day.

So somehow I ran across 8-bit last week or so when it was on episode 180. By the time I read all of them, it was up to 181. Then I was gonna post a thread on it, but just as I was going to do so, I saw this thread resurrected, so i started reading it. THEN, I ran across the reference to bobandgeorge.com, so I went and checked that out. I finished that up yesterday, and just now finished reading this whole thread.

*whew*

So...uh, reading several years of web comics in the space of a few days.... That sort of achievement is only, like, one step short of being the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, right?

Do I get a prize or anything?

Loving 8-bit, and loving Bob and George, although I will admit that early 8-bit was better.

Jon

The episode when BM said he didnt have any hadouken's left so he grabbed the Fighter and used fighterdoken! That was a good one, oh, and two fisted monkey style attack!