One of the worst things about DMC2 was that difficulty just went very wonky at times.

Namely, I state the fact that whole game was insanely easy even on Dante/Lucia Must Die! mode, and yet in the final Secret Room you had to fight Three Despair Embodied/Possessed Arius, which is just so very very wrong.

Devil May Cry was hard, but it was never as unfair as that.

And to refer to Dingo's post earlier, I had this ready to post yesterday, but my connection died, so here it is now.

"Actually, the graphics in DMC2 are worse, far more jaggies in it that the original.

And the camera angles are FAR worse most of the time, especially on the Bolverk fights, and other fights in very large areas.

Unavoidable attacks? I think not, you can avoid every attack in DMC with enough skill, that's the thing of it, and items? Excuse me? But you can only carry a very limited number, in DMC2 you can carry 99 gazillion of everything.

Useless skills? Every skill in DMC was useful, I used every single one many, many times, especially on Ifrit since it's so underrated. And you can't really beat Griffon with guns, because they do very little damage unless used in conjuction with combos and the like, you just wait till it hits the floor and hammer it with Ifrit attacks, or you fly into the air with Air Raid on Alastor and zap it out of the sky.

Personally, I never used Wall Running at all, and double jumping was something nice to gain in DMC, rather than having it straight away in DMC2. The weapons had no skills in DMC2, and Dante had very few at all, and the new ones? Bullet Rain? When you really needed to jump and fire forward you'd do that, and it'd just miss every time. All the swords were the same, and that was no fun just having weapons that're exactly the same.

Bah, I should stop bothering to defend the game, I know it's great, much better than the sequel, but I suppose people aren't even going to listen.

DMC3 should hopefully be good, but if it isn't, well I can just take it back to the place I bought it from and get my money back, case closed.

I think I'm more looking forward to Viewtiful Joe 2 by now anyway."

So there.