Thread: Gorram It! I Should've Saved!

Default Gorram It! I Should've Saved!

I was playing Star Ocean 2 a few nights ago, and making my way down the Cave of Trials. I completed levels 6 and 7 and was going to level 8 when low and behold, the game freezes on me! Needless to say, I was beside myself with sadness and more than a bit of anger.

The other usual example for me is when I play a sports game, and right before a round or game is about to end, the game freezes or stops, thus negating the entire game.

Not fun, but the lesson is the same: Always save as often as you can.

What have been some of the worst times a game has frozen up/messed up/skipped/etc, for you?

Take care all.

Blog Entries

FFX-2. Via Infinitio. I didn't bother going out to save, I just kept saying "I'm on a roll" after every Cloister. Then I die on Cloister 97.

*cries* I had gained 37 levels!

FFIII, NES. The first time I ever tried to finish the game. Not the most interesting party: two sages and two ninjas. (I'm not 100% certain but I think that one had Kiku and Ragnarok, the other had Masamune and Excalibur. Both with God knows how many hits per round.)

I had stocked up and saved before going to Sylx Tower. (If you've never played FFIII: As a point of reference, Sylx Tower is part 61 out of 64 in the walkthrough here at Eyeson.) And lo and behold; the ROM turned corrupt on me. I never made back-ups of my ROMs, so I was royally screwed, and I can honestly say that I had never been that let down before.

It will probably take a while until anything comes up that will bring me so close to grabbing my computer and hurling it out my window.
    Last edited by Bernhard; 05-08-2004 at 12:10 PM.

Another instance that just occurred a few minutes ago, which really made me cringe:

In FFT, I attempted to beat the entire secret section, but once again, did not save and my party was lost two levels before the end. Darn the darkness!

Take care all.