Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else didn't like..

Default Who else didn't like..

..Riku!

ok for one he has a girls name (FFX) also i got an evil vibe from him at the start, sure he repented at the end and all but still he always seemed evil to me. what do u lot think?
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well that's the point xD
    (SPOILER)
    He was the original Keyblade master but he was easily swaued by Darkness so, that's why Sora was picked instead of him. He's not intentionally evil, he just met the wrong people at a time where he needed alot of help and they took advantage of his wary nature. He became tainted when Sora didn't seem to want him around, only because of Maleficient he became evil. She gave him the power he needed to 'help' Kairi but Ansem took over his heart :/ crappy deal for him.

I still like Riku, I feel bad for him :/
    Too big.

I had times i loved him and times i hated him. At the island i liked his additude,but i hated it when it came to the race bit and when you are frighting him with the wooden swords. He was quite a jerk to poor sora,though it claims they are best friends...

unmaked spoilers

I did like him when he poped up in travers town. I felt kinda sorry for him( more so then i did sora when he was alone there). And when he found Karia and you knew he was being played with (like a puppet...hm..) I really wanted nothing more then for him to stab maleficent and steal karia away and forget about sora and live all happy like again.

As far as him having a girls name, i belive Rikku from X has a guys name, for i played KH before i played X...I guess it just depends on your perspetive. Maybe one k means the names masculin

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Riku was awesome.

Seriously though, IMO his role was done perfectly.

The time has come....the age of darkness has descended and now a hero is needed....

Final Fantasy Caverns

--PL--

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Riku was one of the better 'friend/rivals'.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Riku was a great character. My eyes actually welled up a bit at the end.

Semi-Spoiler
    Semi-Spoiler
    Semi-Spoiler

He said to Sora, "Take care of her."

And in regards that he has a girls name, for one: His name is Riku, not Rikku. And secondly: Rikku's name is actually supposed to be Ryukku. Riku's name did not change from the original Japanese version.

This clears everything up.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan

I kinda like Riku, actually. =P He has a lot of different sides to him, being strong/weak, caring/uncaring, etc... the story wouldn't have been as interesting without him. *nod*

i, i spose thats all true....but i still thing hes all crappy and evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

i liked rikku as one of the main villans, i always thought child hood friends made the best badguys
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

rikku as a villain, ha that would be funny

Imo riku was....cool, kinda.

In the beggining he wanted nothing but to save kairi, but after (SPOILER)He got his dark powers he became an arse
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 05-18-2004 at 11:04 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Use [spoiler]text[/spoiler] to get (SPOILER)text.

I agree that good friends make the best villians.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I felt so bad for Riku, He tried so hard to save Kairi its just that nothing worked. Also he was being munipulated by that witch. I don't believe that he ever really enjoyed fighting Sora, but he was told that he had to in order to save Kairi's heart. Later he was possesed by Ansem, but was still not completely evil. He wouldn't let Ansem harm Kairi, even though he was possesed he fought him off so that she could escape. He is a classic example of a Tradgic Hero. He was good at the end too. I really like Riku. He was a little mysterious, which always makes the game more interesting. It wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without Riku/
    Member of the KH Trinity
    "A small light shines brightest
    when it is surounded by darkness."

I like Riku for all the forementioned reasons and because he was so damn sexy. I heart him.

Riku was really cool! I liked him better than the disney characters, anyway. And what's wrong with being evil if you're cool about it? I mean, he wasn't really 'EVIL' evil, he was just trying to save Kairi and stuff. But I'm not commenting on the ending, 'cause I haven't finished it .
    "Life is but a passing dream, the death that follows is eternal" (or something to that effect :rolleyes2 ) - Seymour, FFX

Hrm... You know, it's a toughie...

He's not out-and-out an evil character, it's just that he was weak against the darkness and it overcame his heart. And he's a much better villain than was Seymour in FFX.

But you know, I never really warmed to Riku. If the rumors are true that he has a bigger role in KH2, I'm not sure I'd be looking forward to that. He's probably one of my least favourite characters in the game, but I don't dislike him.

As for his name... Well... Rikku's name was a translation from a different name in Japanese, whereas Riku has always been Riku, as pointed out already. But even still, you can have unisex names, like Sam, Ashley, or Robin, so I don't really think the name makes a difference.

All in all, I'm not really sure when it comes to Riku. All right guy, I guess, but my least favourite.
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes
    Visit my realm...