Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eidelons, to use or not to use that is the question!

Default Eidelons, to use or not to use that is the question!

i dunno about you lot but i found it alot easier with out using summons to beat the last boss(huge blue dude). did you use them?
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

eidolons arnt very useful. i,d say only atomos gravija like move, odins instant kill, bahamats 9999 damage are the only real good 1's. i just use them if garnet has a free go.

ark just looks super cool so i use him to sumtimes. i think it was very silly not to allow ark to do at least 50000 like eden.

still, they arnt as useless as ff6s espers. then again, they were a huge part of ff6's story and gave u stats and magic... ok ff9 eidolons suck.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    eidolons arnt very useful. i,d say only atomos gravija like move, odins instant kill, bahamats 9999 damage are the only real good 1's. i just use them if garnet has a free go.

ark just looks super cool so i use him to sumtimes. i think it was very silly not to allow ark to do at least 50000 like eden.

still, they arnt as useless as ff6s espers. then again, they were a huge part of ff6's story and gave u stats and magic... ok ff9 eidolons suck.
    ha ha ha it would be better if they could have a boost like FF8
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

I didn't use Eidolons becaue my character were strong enough to win without the added help. I agree that they would be a hell of a lot cooler with a Boost ability.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Well, they DID have the boost ability in a way, since their attacks were stronger when the full animation occured, and equiping a pumice to Garnet or Eiko taought them "Boost," which caused their eidolions to ALWAYS have the full animation, thus stronger attacks. However, I agree that FF8's boosting system caused much more noticable improvement in attack power and was much more pro-active.

That said, although Eidolons were useful, Stiener's 9999 Shock attack was by far the best. I mostly used Pheonix just to revive everyone.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hardly ever used them. Better attacks are available. Though with Auto-Regen equipped the time they take gives you a good HP boost.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Even though I don't use them, I am still compelled to master all of them.

there not really important. like in 10 the whole point was to get out your summons overdrive. i think summons sholdnt be to much more powerfull than the real characters.

Quote Originally Posted by AShadowsBlaze
    there not really important. like in 10 the whole point was to get out your summons overdrive. i think summons sholdnt be to much more powerfull than the real characters.

But then the summons arnt that special and are pretty much worthless...

I used them sometimes,but only when i was leveling up and was to lasy to have zidane attack

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

I found Carbuncle + Emerald = casts haste on whole party as useful.

And I found Phoenix useful as well.

Anyway all you have to do is collect a lot of gems (different gems for different summons) to raise their power in hitting. And a lot of these
    gems you can get at teh Black Mage Village synth shop.

Anyway... yeah, ... the attack someones I honestly didnt use often.
    But like I said, I do use Eiko's helpful summons.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2

i really dont like to insult people... but your begging for it.

of corse they aren't useful they can just take out the most damage possible in one attack. what was i thinking. i should have been attacking with garnet insted of thinking intelligently.
    "In the end there can be only one...

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i used ark during the final battle but he only does 3000 damage but it's a good attack for garnet to use, i'll make her use spells immediatly after his grand cross

I'll put it this way.
    Dagger's summons are useful when you first get them, but by the end of the game, they are worthless if you did the Chocobo Hot and Cold sidequest, killed a lot of dragons, ate a lot of frogs, and/or stole a lot.
    Eiko's summonns are far more useful. Carbuncle's Ruby Light casts Reflect on the entire party, and if it has the full animation, Protect. Reflect on the whole party is useful if you have Vivi, and, to increase the effect, have Reflectx2 equipped on him. Phoenix is a useful reviving spell if several party members are KO'd, plus damage is useful. It has a chance to appear when all party members are KO'd, reviving them. Very useful. Fenrir isn't that good, but switch around his Wind attack and his Earth attack to match the weaknesses of your enemies, and he becomes somewhat useful. Madeen is an excellent summon when you first get it, and is a good summon even at the end of the game. Plus, the Ribbon you need to learn Madeen has many other useful abilities to learn from it, and it gives a good stat boost.
    A wise man once said "Never share your wisdom with annybody."

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha23
    i really dont like to insult people... but your begging for it.

of corse they aren't useful they can just take out the most damage possible in one attack. what was i thinking. i should have been attacking with garnet insted of thinking intelligently.
    I,M afraid your wrong. eikos and vivis w-magic does 2x9999 and every character can do 9999 easily without lengthy summon time. the only group of enemies that cant be easily defeated is the yans, so use atomos. if u want to hit lots of enemies with one move then use vivi's magic=reflect. easy 9999 to all.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

the problem i had with them is that by the time it's animation was over, my characters are strong enough to do just as much plus a little more in the same amount of time it took for the edilon to do that much damage in a longer time

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!