Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfort in sound

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Comfort in sound

Yeah, it's a Feeder album but my question is: What music do you find comforting/relaxing?

At the moment I'm finding David Gray's stuff quite comforting, his voice is kinda relaxing and he has some nice songs. I find it good to listen to if I'm trying to do work too cos it doesn't distract me.
    rawr

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

There's so many different kinds of music that relax me... even ones that would normally pump me up. It depends on my mood. Strangely, I find punk rock to be very soothing... I can fall asleep (and I have) in the corner of the local venue while the band rocks on, if I'm in the mood to.

J-pop in general is very soothing... particularily L'Arc~en~Ciel and Bonnie Pink. Classic rock like The Beatles, The Who, Zeppelin, and The Doors really mellow me out, especially when there's some inscense and nice company. Oh and the theme song to Meteor Garden (the Chinese live action version of Hana Yori Dango) is my current relaxing song. It's so beautiful.

I usually listen to symphony's doing classic rock songs. There are great covers of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin out there but in classical form.

muse's album 'absolution' i could listen to on loop all day or perhaps unwritten law's acoustic 'music in high places' album.

but that's just me, as radiohead type music does my head in but others find enjoyable.
    i heard you say your future, was looking so grey

It's various, but most of the times when I'm relaxing to music it's some soul or R&B.

Blog Entries

Evanescece and Daft Punk, no more!

All kinds of country music, generally the slow stuff, comforts me. My favorite song to listen to when I want to relax is Toby Keith's "My List", and Kenny Chesney's "That's Why I'm Here."

Banned

*Oomph!s instrumentals.
    *Everything by Subway to Sally.
    *The softer songs by In Extremo, like Merseburger Zaubersprüche II and Melancholie.
    *The album Herzwerk II by Megaherz(Except the songs Spiel nicht and Glas und Tränen)
    *Everything by Silber
    *Everything by Eisbrecher
    *The softer stuff by Letzte Instanz

Right now I listen to Yo Yo Ma's 'Simply Baroque' CD in bed. Mainly because it's one of the only classical cds I've got. Lamb is good to chill out to - 'Gabriel' and 'Gorecki' are good songs. Most of 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley is good relaxing music as well.

Alice In Chains.

I just love to sit down, put my feet up, and listen to it for a while.

Any live album, where you can feel the energy between the band and the audience. It gives me a real sense of comfort and happiness knowing that so many people can appreaciate good music all together.

Take care all.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If I want to relax, I'll listen to my "Final Fantasy Potion" CDs, or my Lene Marlin album.

I have plenty more where that came from, too.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Classical pieces, but specifically probably Bach.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can pop in "Dark Side of the Moon" and just feel everything fade away with the opening to "Breathe."

The songs from the Coal Chamber CD, the Guilty Gear X music, some of Symphony X. But the band that really relaxes me is REM, I can just fall asleep listening to Automatic for the People.