Thread: How do I use limit breaks?

How do I use limit breaks?

undefined I am on disk 3 trowards the end and I am not able to use the limit breaks of any of my people. Please help.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Have you been able to use limit breaks before? If so, they probably got inflicted with Curse, which disables limit breaks.

If not, then you have to get your character into critical status (HP low, numbers in yellow). If you're lucky, a little arrow will pop up next to the Attack command on that character's turn, and you can press right on the D-pad to select the limit break.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Assuming you haven't been cursed, if you get Aura, you can cast that on someone too to increase the chance for the limit option to appear instead of the normal attack option. Although I tend to avoid casting Aura since I much prefer to keep it junctioned instead Also, you can keep hitting triangle in battle if the character's menu doesn't have the limit option (or whatever button you set to change character) and they already have low HP, and you basically get another chance at it appearing again
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just the basics from me...
    If your character's HP is low, then they've got a bigger chance of getting a Limit Break. Wait for a little triangle to appear next the the 'attack' command, then push the right direction button to access the limit break window. The exact details for executing each character's limit break are different, but figuring it out is all part of the fun

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

just have lots of auras. it turns your characters into walking death machines. i think at its peak Zells limit can do 1,000,000+ damage.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I remember that you get Auras from something at the Island closest to hell(i think the blue dragons).Also,you can draw it from Seifer at the end of disc 3.

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

theres hidden drawpoints of the most powerfull spells in the game (meteor, holy, aura, flare, ultima, triples, etc) on both island closest to hell and heaven. you just walk around pressing X and your bound to find them. and they refill quick.

the other hidden drawpoint for aura that i know of is in trabia garden (the area before the basketball court, near the (SPOILER) missle and someone already mentioned seifer, but i think you can refine auras pretty easily. thats how i got them before i fought seifer.

I have no problem of finding spells and using them or changing them into something more usful, but I have not been able to use the limit breaks at all since I started this game. Help.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[Qq=4ever4siameese]I have no problem of finding spells and using them or changing them into something more usful, but I have not been able to use the limit breaks at all since I started this game. Help.[/Qq][qq=me]Just the basics from me...
    If your character's HP is low, then they've got a bigger chance of getting a Limit Break. Wait for a little triangle to appear next the the 'attack' command, then push the right direction button to access the limit break window. The exact details for executing each character's limit break are different, but figuring it out is all part of the fun[/qq]