Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate Gamecube? Explain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    I dont like gamecube, my pc game engine is better. I just like the idea of just upgrading parts of your computer then buying a whole new console every 2-3 years a new one comes out...
    Well, can't really argue that. But I was going for a more of a "I like PS2/XB and GC sucks" thing. None of the consoles come close to a maxed out computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercył
    I prefer PS2. Better games, but I'd give Gamecube a chance. Except the controller for GC is like so strange. How can you play Soul Calibur 2 with that thing, honestly. At least PS2 controllers slightly resemble something useful.
    I just have a special power to use any Nintendo controller without a problem. No, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by metCloud
    I dont hate but it is the worst for me....the only good games for it are the ones Nintendo makes themselves...
    First, don't count out the RE series, as well as some other great GC exclusive titles. But, I have a question: Why is it bad that Nintendo makes good games? Shouldn't this be a good thing? Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart ouble Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Legend of Zelda: wind Waker (the boat sailing wasn't good, but the dungeons were fun)... shall I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    You need to quit talking to the peeps man. Marshmellow candy is bad company to hang out with.
    Uhhhhhhh... Huh? Sorry, but what does this mean?
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not a bad system, but my 12 year old sister uses it more than I do. I'm more into RPGs and the Playstation 2 has a MUCH better selection of those.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The GameCube controller was designed with something called ergonomics in mind. So, while it may look strange, it's incredibly more comfortable than a PS2 or Xbox controller.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its small and cute and comes in pretty colors and has pretty controllers and has all the best games and hook-ups. I love my GC.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

GC is best with a few buddies, PS2 is best alone. GC also of course has the great benefit of having sole rights to all of Nintendo made games, the greatest game making company ever. I don't own one but I might have to after I got a glimpse of this new Zelda.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    GameCube is a-okay. It's that damn XBox that sucks.
    Agreed. i hate the x-box so much but the GC is ok. I like some of the games but I'm more of a PC person.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't really have a favorite system. I will admit that I do like Nintendo as a company the best though, despite some poor decisions. So yeah, I have a Cube, PS2, and X-Box. And I love them all.

I like the Gamecube because it has familiar faces, and a lot of it's games that I've played are ones that have not disappointed me. It had the best version of Soul Calibut II.

I definitely need more GC games.

I have all the games systems and i dont hate the game cue i got one
    WTF..........I cant have my weed plant on it thats messed up yo...........And drugs are good for you should try em some time

If anyone doesn't own a GC yet (even though it's cheap, it has dozens of amazing party games and unique solo adventure games, and promises a load more fun to come this year because Nintendo owned E3, and all the games they previewed will rule), you should get one And I don't see the problem with the controller. It perfectly molds to your hand, all the buttons feel just right. And so many other nice things about the gamecube

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I like the Gamecube, it has Metroid Prime and Wind Waker. I agree the X-Box sucks. People say Halo is good, I've played it and I thought is sucked. People say Metroid Prime is good, that's a huge under statement. Prime is the #1 reason to own a gamecube.

I LOVE GAMECUBE
    enough appreciation for you?
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

As you can see, I'm generally proud of the reception the GC gets here.

Although I must point out that anybody who complains about the controller has obviously never used it.

I <3 mine, it's platinum and I got with Wind Waker.

It's my favourite console now, I have the most games for it too, 10 games in total.

FF:CC, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Twin Snakes, Soul Calibur 2, Phantasy Star Online, Skies Of Arcadia Legends, PN.0.3, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil.

The graphics are nicer, smoother, and you get the option of 60Hz on almost every single game, which is very good (what with me living in England, which has 50Hz, a setting I just cannot live with mostly now, letterboxed AND slow speeds, tisk tisk).

The controller is far more comfortable than any other, even more so than the N64 controller which was one of my favourites. The PS2 controller is too small, the XBox controller is too big, the GC controller fits my hands perfectly.

The only problem I see is that the games take up so much damn memory card space, and the 251 block cards cost loads. I know they're bring out a 1000 block card, or something like that, but then it just seems too big.

But overall, it's just such a wonderful console, and I'm a Nintendo kid, always have been, switched to Sony and Final Fantasy games for a while, but then I just went back to Nintendo like the good old days of the SNES and N64.

Oh, and Metroid Prime has the most PERFECT controller setting, so there.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Next game purchase = Tales of Symphonia(its a cube game). It comes out in July and is an RPG. Its kind of like Star Ocean only it does suck and isn't slow as dirt.