Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hate Gamecube? Explain yourself.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't hate the Gamecube by any means, I just don't particularly like the games that have been released for it so far. Mario Sunshine disappointed me, Wind Waker bored me to death, Blue Storm was a mere shadow of it's predecessor, Luigi's Mansion was a super cop-out, Metroid Prime sent me to sleep with a killer headache (and mega boredom) and Resident Evil was too difficult. Don't pay any attention to my opinions, I'm just not really into games these days.

I enjoyed Def Jam Vendetta, though.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suppose I don't hate the console it does have some good games on it - FFCC and P.N.03 also the MGS twin snakes is quite nice (the same game as the first but MGS2 graphics). However the nintendo has serious flaws the memory cards are expensive and hold very little data compared to the X-box HDD and the PS2 memory card, why use the block system of the PS1? Also the control is not very well designed ok I know sony has the best one copyrighted so it cant be copied and you can buy an exchanger to make a ps2 pad work on the cube but why the hell do I wanna spend £200 on a console and a game to have to buy a £30 port changer? so I can use a decent pad. The Game cube over heats if enclosed too much in my room that would mean switching off every half hour or so of gameplay due to the fact that my room is pathetically small and has a lot of things in there also with the heat of the candles I use to light it and the radiator in the winter months it would kill the console in minutes. The cables for the GBA link up are expensive and don't come with the cost then you have to own a £90 GBA SP to work it (my GBA for some reason is incompatable with the cables yet his SP is fine?). Also the problems with the discs are that they are small so even insignificant damage to a normal size disc can stop the cube ones from functioning.

I don't hate it but I have to be realistic about it the GC would not be suitable for my room

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

wtf about overheating?

My Gamecube doesn't overheat at all. It did freeze on me a few times, but that's so rare that it doesn't bother me at all.

If your Gamecube's been overheating, maybe you have a defective Gamecube?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I bought the Sunshine bundle a while ago and I must say that Gamecube is great. You simply cannot beat it for $100. What else can you get for that much money? A good downpayment for a video card you need to play the lastest PC games? Less than three tanks of gas?

I'll admit that Nintendo games generally lack the depth that you find in other games, but they're such a blast to play while you're playing them. Besides, the Sonic bundle with the Genesis and Saturn Sonic games on it is worth a GC alone.

Oh yeah, my GC is covered in dust and works just fine, every time.

The GC will get kinda hot if you put something right next to its left side. Put I've had my Cube pressed right up against the side of a bookshelf for hours, and although it did get pretty steamy, it didn't seem to bother the games one bit.

There is no reason a GC-GBA cable shouldn't work in an ordinary GBA. I've used my GBA to link with my Cube dozens of times. Either the port on your GBA is dirty, or you're not using it right.

Xbox overheats more than GC I've never heard of a GC case where there was permanent damage to anything.

Plus the Gamecube is one of the most quiet consoles, if it weren't for the somewhat loud disc loading sounds, I'd say it was near silent, just a slight fan hiss.

Compared to the noisy behemoth the PS2 is, yikes, can't play that thing at night or the sound of the fan overwhelms the sounds in the games.

God, yeah, my PS2 sounds like it has jet engines in it. The cube is almost silent... it's odd that it has an internal speaker, though. Only console I can think of that beeps on startup.

"Besides, the Sonic bundle with the Genesis and Saturn Sonic games on it is worth a GC alone."

Only has the genesis ones, sans Sonic CD

Sonic 1-3, S&K, S&K 1-3, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Flicky, and Ristar.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmm maybe it is how I have to put it in my room but it overheats and freezes up when I have it on for a long time

I love my GC. It only cost me (not me exactly, I got it for Christmas) like $90 bucks for the GC + Zelda: Collectors Edition. Where else can you get that value? I have played OoT on it over and over and I just love the upgraded graphics.

I also beat The Legend of Zelda NES for the first time. I find it extremely cool how Link's shield has a cross on it and there is a pile of blood after killing Ganon because it's so unlikely that Nintendo would have that stuff on it's old games.

After getting The Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, the rest is history. The GC is one of my all time favorites. I think I may get Resident Evil 4 because I think it's a real turning point in the series. I've also got a PS2, but no Xbox. I just don't see any good reason to get it. No Zelda, no FF, no MGS (except substance, but the PS2 version is better), no nothing really. Sorry Xbox people.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan

I don't hate my GC but I'm in love with my PS2 so "my precious" overshadows "my...other precious" Excuse me while I check on the noisy PS2 theory...
    OK I'm back. The GameCube fan is quieter but I find the random disc load sounds of the GC more of a nuisance than the slightly louder PS2. Both fan sounds are white noise so it is ignorable. I never noticed the fan on the PS2. Or maybe its because I never compared the two.

But back to the topic. The only reason I bought my GameCube was the multiplayer games so I bought it with 4 controllers (used). But since I'm the only one in the house who plays games, 1 player games are of a larger importance to me, so my PS2 game library is larger. Overall PS2 is better but I don't hate the GameCube either.

BTW, the GameCube controller is by far the most comfortable controller. Every button is within reach. You do have to wrap your hands around the handles more on the Wavebird and the C-stick is too loose but thats it. If you ever got so mad that you threw you controller it would be hard to do with the GC controller because it fits like a glove.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

The PS2 had it's golden age with KH, somehow GTA3, DMC, etc. Now, GC is pushing the PS2 aside and having its golden age. It's dishing out amazing games like Viewtiful Joe, FF: CC, Wind Waker, and soon the new Zelda game. I prefer the GC's controller over the other controllers. It was designed to be perfect for any hand, and it should be. It's not monstrously huge, like the X-Box's controller, and much easier to use than the PS2's.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

why would anyone the cube, 2 words for you
    zelda windwaker
    nuff said
    Dead for a thousand years,
    A great terror arose from the deep,
    It swept across the land,
    A lone past still lingers,
    Destiny cannot be denied,
    A burden grows heavier,
    To the kingdom of the sun,
    Across a vast sea,
    The journey home begins...

Quote Originally Posted by listentomystory
    why would anyone the cube, 2 words for you
    zelda windwaker
    nuff said
    Why would anyone WHAT the cube? I don't see anything.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

That's because you're blind.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan