Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hate Gamecube? Explain yourself.

Ahhhhh, yes. Thank you, I forgot. *sarcastic*
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Maybe he forgot to add in "see"?
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

As far as I'm concerned, the Game Cube doesn't have enough RPGs, and that's practically the only type of game I play. Though I do wish I had SSBM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier
    As far as I'm concerned, the Game Cube doesn't have enough RPGs, and that's practically the only type of game I play. Though I do wish I had SSBM.
    It's getting a good one though.

I've been a nintendo fan since way back, but I do own a ps2 and a GC and i like them both. The x-box has never really interested me though.

The only problem with the GC is the lack of rpg's. Skies of Arcadia is a good rpg (although it was originally on the dreamcast), but i'm really looking forward to Tales Of Symphonia. I've been waiting ages for this one!

Ok, first of all, the X-Box does not suck, it's better then GC. Halo ne one? KOTOR? it sells better then the GC ne way. The only thing i dont like about the GC is that it doesn't have voice acting.

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva's Effect
    The only thing i dont like about the GC is that it doesn't have voice acting.
    You haven't played Viewtiful Joe.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

no i haven't....seeing's how i dont have a gc

And wow, one game outta like...a bunch, well, a couple games have voice, but it kinda repeats. but like in ps2 or xbox, it's all there, almost all the games to, so...yeah,

Who cares about voices? We never needed them before.

Bleh. Halo's the only game I care about on the X-Box, and even then I think it's kind of overrated. A great fps for sure, but not *the* fps.
    Sig under construction.

Quite honestly, I don't like the ethics of console developers, in particular, Nintendo.

Why?

I've had EVERY SINGLE PLATFORM Nintendo has ever created, and three at most at the same time (NES, SNES, N64). Each system was great in it's own right, but ever since the beginning of the console wars, each console has consistently let me down. I would buy the console, have it for a few months with great games for each, then a new console would be unveiled, and thus the production of games for the predecessor consoles would cease. I'm mainly mad about the jump from the N64 to the NGC, if you're not familiar with what I'm talking about. The Game Cube came out what, a year or two later than the N64? In my own opinion, I thought the N64 was one of the greater Nintendo consoles, but after a short period, a lot of games quit surfacing. Now with the Game Cube out in force, it's harder to find better titles for each of the earlier consoles.

Thing is, I've sold all of the Nintendo consoles now that I once owned. My younger brother owns a Game Cube now, but I've lost respect for that company as a console developer. As a video game developer, it's one of the best, but I'd sort of wished that they would have stuck with the 64 for just a bit longer. Made some improvements, a few changes, etc.

I think I'm done.

Wherever the winds take me, that is where I shall go.
    Darkness awaits me.
    Eternal slumber, come.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall and Rinoa
    The Game Cube came out what, a year or two later than the N64?
    Granted, the N64 didn't have a particularly good run, but the Gamecube appeared 5 years after the N64, not 2.

Anyway, I love the Gamecube. It's visuals far surpass that of either of the other consoles, it has a variety of excellent games, many of which are developed in-house, and are therefore exclusive. The controller is fine, and very comfortable to use. It has great multiplayer titles, and doesn't start coughing and spluttering after a year's play, like a PS2. In my opinion, it is the best of the three consoles available right now, and I'm glad to see that so many people agree.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Umm, it's visuals do not surpass every other one...does it have actually waving grass? does it show people reloading or melee'ing in first person shooters? Are the interiors of vehicles so detailed that you can see stuff move?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Look, graphics don't make the games. It's the creativity and how fun the game is. I don't give a flying crap about graphics. Sure, it'll be nice, but it's not on top of what makes games fun. Sure, Halo may have some good graphics. With the wavy grass and extra-detailed interior of the warthogs, but do I care? No. I don't, because I don't find Halo fun. You may not like Gamecube because its graphics are the sux compared to XBox and PS2, but the graphics on Gamecube are par with both systems. It may not be the best, but some of the games on the Gamecube are superior with the graphics.

Also, with Nintendo doing that. It's not their fault that you can't find old games for past systems in stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Your best bet to find them is at a gaming store, like Gamestop. Also, why would developers make games for an "outdated" system when a new system is out? They gradually stop developing games for the old system and then start focusing on the new system. It's been like that, and it's not going to stop anytime soon. The only real exception is Playstation. There are still new games coming out for it, because of backward compatibility that PS2 has.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva's Effect
    Umm, it's visuals do not surpass every other one...does it have actually waving grass? does it show people reloading or melee'ing in first person shooters? Are the interiors of vehicles so detailed that you can see stuff move?
    Yes. Even the technologically-challenged PS2 has those.

While perhaps the Gamecube doesn't far surpass the X-Box, it certainly equals it. The character models and textures are of a very high standard, in my opinion, and while graphics aren't as important to a game as playability, the Gamecube's visuals are distinctive, and give Nintendo's titles a great atmosphere.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.