Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ff12 says goodbye to random battles

Yaaaaay.

Random battles drove me insane, whenever you take two steps something leaps out of nowhere and tries to kill you.

Guess that makes me one of the few then. I love random battles and believe it too be one of the few things that makes FF, FF.
    Have to say i agree with the atb ctb thing
    pre ffx atb = cool
    ffx ctb = okay
    ffx-2 atb = a real mess

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do like the random battles. I like leveling up, I like getting stronger, and learning abilities and stuff that way. *shrug*. As long as they make it cool (which they somehoe always do), then I'll be fine.

--Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by disapointedchild
    Well, as for me, I liked the random battles in the ff series and will be sad to see it leave. Random battles, being taken away is a big step away from the final fantasy we already know. The battles being random kept you on your feet, making sure you were always prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by jarsthegooner
    Guess that makes me one of the few then. I love random battles and believe it too be one of the few things that makes FF, FF.
    Needless to say I concur that. Give me my FF with random battles! and atb! and limit breaks! and great story *remembers*! and all contrallable chars! I want FF, I don't want another CT (one is enough) or Vagrant story or Kingdom hearts *shakes and shudders*
    Stop the Earth! I want to get out!...

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

i LOVED kh, but I didn't like that I couldn't control all of my characters. I have to be in completely control, or else I get freaked out. I know SE usually make good choices, but if theyr'e going to do this, I don't know...

--Box Box Box Box

I like havin random encounters. I think they are one of the kool things about Final Fantasy. They can need lots of strategy and stuff like that.

I wish they kept random battles but allow you to "clear" an area after a set number of battles. then maybe give you a special item to attract monsters in the game. like a reverse "no-encounter" materia. i would like searching the dungeons for items with the level cleared.

Lufia 2 implemented this type of battle system very well.

Non-random battles worked in Chrono Trigger/Cross but I dunno- messing with random battles in FF? that's like dealing with The Devil.
    Last edited by Lloen; 08-17-2004 at 08:07 PM.