Thread: FFXI or FFX-2

Default FFXI or FFX-2

I was wondering which game I should play? I have shyed away form FFXI because it is online. and looks like it could suck up all my time, (wtih no ending either) And FFX-2 didn't look to impressive.

I basically like to put in 60 hours into a game, and do a majority of the side quests, but not the really annoying ones (like dodging 200 lighting bolts). Can I get the most out of FFXI in 60 hours and get some sense of closure?

I have been dying to play a FF game. So which should I play. By the way I haven't played FFIX (9) yet either? So if you had to pick one. which one?

I have played pretty much all the others 1-8, and 10. I was thinking about wating for 12, but the whole star wars thing isn't quite working for me.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You'd probably want Final Fantasy X-2 if you just want another Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy XI is full of sidequests and things like that, but it takes a lot of time.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

FFX-2 was fun with a fulfiling ending, FFXI gets addictive and it has so much stuff to do in it, it can get overwhelming -.-' I recommend both.
    Too big.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I havent played either FF X-2 or XI....but you should definetly go play FF IX(9), you will enjoy putting many hours in that game, Lots of fun.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

After 60 hours, you'll just be so addicted on FFXI that you'll give up crack forever.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Like Bley's said, you can't simply play FFXI for just sixty hours. Like every online game, that's nothing. If you just to be able to beat a game and do everything (or near everything) go with X-2. You have to put a lot more time into FFXI to get everything out of it. I'm talking hundreds of hours.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier
    Bley's
    Perish like the worm you are

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

XI has not struck me as the type of game you can get closure out of, which is one of the resaons I will probably never play it. So if you are like that go with X-2. It's not that bad for what it is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys
    After 60 hours, you'll just be so addicted on FFXI that you'll give up crack forever.
    Thanks, I guess I will avoid it then, I stared at the box in the store forever. As much as I wish I don't have hundred of hours to spend on a video game, even if it is Final Fantasy. Allthough my brain keeps giving messages to play it...

I went with IX for the nostaglia to the older FF. It's fun but it doesn't compare to my experience with X. Allmost done, then hopefully I can shelf my playstation2 for another year till XII comes out.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    XI has not struck me as the type of game you can get closure out of, which is one of the resaons I will probably never play it. So if you are like that go with X-2. It's not that bad for what it is.
    Exactly. It's not a matter of addiction, you just never get to a point where you're like, "Alright, it's been fun, blah blah, time to find a new game". Personally, for me, finding closure is just taking a single job to level 75, the highest level, but the creepy thing is that the game doesn't even end there, there's even MORE stuff to do.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

omg there is so much to do in FFXI.. it's overwhelming ^_^ and with the added stuff coming in September I think this game is never going to end :/
    Too big.