Thread: Can't play anymore.

Default Can't play anymore.

Error Code: FFXI-4001
    Error Code: POL- 0512

One after the goddamn other.
    I can get onto the game and stay on for five minutes at most, but then I get my ass booted from the server and back onto PlayOnline. I called the Tech Support dumbasses and they didn't say anything helpful, they just told me to go the the f**king website and try out the Q&A, which I already did. I've opened up the ports it suggested, attempted removing my firewall entirely, switched from Dynamic to Static IP, plugging into the goddamn modem directly, and then some. I've come up with the same results every....single....time...
    I'm all out of ideas now. I'm so close to just giving up on the whole fvcking thing and cancelling my subscription. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this freakin' problem????

Here's the situation.
    03/28/04 - 05/17/04 10PM Working perfectly, having fun as a Hume in Ragnarok.

05/18/04 4PM I get my first DC.

05/18/04 4:05 PM I GET DC AGAIN
    AND AGAIN
    AND AGAIN
    AND AGAIN
    05/18/04 5PM Find out that router Firmware was updated around 05/18/04 12AM, supposed to be a good thing?

05/19/04 I open and close ports (following all instructions on the website), no results.

05/20/04 5PM I realize the PlayOnline Tech Support is a bunch of bullsh!t and they don't know anything to help you with.

05/20/04 8PM After hours of "1 thing after another" I give up and turn to the forums for assistance.

The day before I had this problem, I had switched from Ragnarok to Seraph to play as a Mithra, if this makes any difference at all...

You haven't tried re-installing it... yeah that would be the extreme solution. Sorry I can't help anymore than this.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Maybe its your video card? Update drivers?

EDIT: On second thought, after seeing many people having similar problems..i think its a server issue. Remember before you play they said they were doing a matienence? Now usually its a All Worlds matienence, but this time they are doing servers seperately, 3 at a time spanned through a day. This matienence might be the solution to the problems. So lets hope its that. Read the announcements and see when your server is being matienenced, come back the day after and then try again, if it doesnt work...then something else is up and i cannot be sure of it.
    Last edited by Lionx; 05-21-2004 at 09:30 AM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

you must be really lucky not to play these crappy ff games any more
    HAil Satan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!carnkhan4 is back

Maintenence already done on the Seraph server.
    I tried it before and after maintenence, same BS every damn time.
    Called the ISP, nothing is being blocked at all by them.
    I doubt it's a problem with my videocard, the game runs perfectly and smoothly as it had run the entire month i've been playing up to this point, before getting disconnected. They say that the 4001 error is always due to Port Blockage, though I've even connected directly to my modem via DMZ, and it did not work.
    I'm left with two more things at the moment...
    Either I can change servers and maybe still play (could be that Seraph doesn't like me.... I did play for a month on Ragnarok),
    Or I can reinstall the damn thing.

After that, if I can't get on the game, I swear I'm destroying all my FF sh1t, I'm so pissed that I can't play this game now after an entire damn month.

none

If u know someone that doesnt mind u could try using ur cd on their comp . :mog:

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I found that when my software would do auto updates on the computer, I would get booted from the game, I just shut off the auto updates and I haven't had a problem since. ^_^ I see that you wrote that Firmware auto updated so that could be the problem, just shut down all auto updates and turn them to manual updates. Worked for me. ^_^

The software that auto updated for me was Photoshop, Kodak, Norton Anti-virus. They were *quiet* auto updates so unless you know the scheduel, the comp does it without advising first and *BOOT* *arg*
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 06-10-2004 at 07:04 PM.
    Too big.

Default Solution to FFXI-4001

I had the same problem, only it was just the FFXI-4001 error, not the other one, but before you start playonline, check your task manager and see if a process called "cisvc.exe" is running, if it if, stop it.

My FFXI was logging me out ever 5 mins and then i checked the programs running in the background, turned that off coz i've never run that before and hey-presto the 4001 error is a thing of the past.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I have the same problem with my router and I'm on ps2. And from what i hear, most people that try to play the game through a router, whether wired or wireless, have connection problems. I can't play the game for more than 5 minutes without D/Cing on my router, but hard-wiring directly to my modem fixes the problem...for me at least. If i ever find a way to play ffxi through my router i'll be extatic. I absolutely having DSL but not being able to be on my pc and ffxi at the same time. Checking Allakazham w/out having to /logout would be so friggin nice. If you find a solution, please post it, and I will do the same for you.

Try looking for fragged wires or maybe blocked ports, most of the time, ppl blocked their ports or have a firewall.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I used to get disconnected all the time with the exact same message. Techincal support suggested opening ports but I dunno how to do that so all I did was turn my router/modem off for five minutes then turn it back on. Havent had a problem since.

mine does that alot too i either have to wait for about a half hour and just leave my comp and it will work when i get back or i have to turn off my fire wall that gets realy annoying when you have it to block something and a little ballon will pop up in the middle of the game makeing me crash to ask iff something i told it to never go online can go online whos idea was it to make a game crash if its not full screen in the age of pop ups? if all else fails reinstall it i hate doing that as it takes sevral hours to get all the updates again but this ussualy will fix it