Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too much Zelda.

Default Too much Zelda.

Inspired by the "You know you've been playing Metal Gear Solid too much..." thread.

You Know You've Played Too Much Zelda If:

1. You stand on a block of wood and shoot arrows at the sun until they catch on fire.

2. You find a hungry pig blocking your driveway and feed it some meat hoping that it will somehow disappear.

3. You return the dog that the lady next door lost and demand a piece of her heart in return.

4. You go to a trashy hotel after midnight, go up next to the only toilet, flush it repeatedly and wonder why no hand pops out.

5. You dress up as Ganondorf for Halloween and have your friend dress up as Link. He uses his sword and pretends to kill you. You spit out fake red blood. The next year, you and your friend dress up the same, and he attacks you again. This time, you spit out fake green blood.

6. Your aunt and uncle are moving to a new house and don’t have the strength to lift up their refrigerator. You say, “I can help! I’m wearing a golden bracelet!”

7. You rent a horse, ride it to the Grand Canyon and ride it at full speed trying to jump over it.

8. You go to a chicken farm, put on a dog mask, and march around playing the flute, hoping that the little chicks will follow you and magically turn into hens.

9. After you get married, you insist that everybody calls you Honey and her Darling.

10. You take a geography test and are asked to name the seven continents. Your answer is “There’re only four! Hyrule, Termina, Labrynna, and Holodrum! And Kohonolit Island doesn’t count because it’s just imaginary!”

11. You go to the local jeweler and ask him where his two pet snakes are.

12. You go to the aquarium with a frog, give it to the main scientist there and ask him why he isn’t eating it.

13. You see a beggar on the streets of a big city and show him some bugs in a bottle. He replies, “Give me some beer, for free, for free.”

14. You start a religious cult that you call, “Believers of the existence of the Triforce in OoT!”

15. Black Widow spiders don’t frighten you at all, but red and blue ones scare you to death.

16. You can recite, word for word, Shiek/Princess Zelda’s speech to you while in the Temple of Time. Your friend, also a Zelda fanatic, insists that Zelda held the Triforce of Courage and Link held the Triforce of Power. You never speak to him, ever again.

17. You know the answer to this question, and would bet your life upon it, “Where is the Triforce in Ocarina of Time?”

18. You set the Ocarina on a certain button as soon as you get it, and get really mad when your little sister plays your game and moves it to another one.

19. You know Link’s last name.

20. You find any, yes any, of the women in OoT or MM to be attractive.

21. You’ve found any of this to be funny.

22. You learn Japanese for the sole purpose of writing a letter to Shigeru Miyamoto.

23. Whenever you’re sick, you tell your mom, “I don’t need any medicine. Just give me some red potion. And if you could put it in a glass bottle, that would be great.”

24. When you’re about to die, you suddenly realize that you’ve never played Ocarina of Time or Majora’s Mask with a rumble pack. You tell your eldest child to change your epitaph to “John Smith, known as Link37485 until just before his death when he changed his name. His reason: ‘I am unworthy.’”

25. You are scared to death of trampolines unless you have your purple sunglasses, your bow and arrow, and your toy sword.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

61. I need sissor--wait...

I mean...

26. You buy a sword, put it in a stone floor, and expect to skip ahead ten years of your life.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

27. You look intensly into mirrors, hoping it will lead you into the dark world.

28. You try to get whales to eat you so you can walk around inside them(jabu jabu)

29. You try wearing your magical cape and enter the women's wardrobe.

30. You push tombstones over, in hope to find Dampe's grave.

31. You grab a chicken and put it over your head. You then jump off a building, expecting that you would float safely to the ground.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

32. You start whacking chickens with your sword, trying to get them all to chase you because it's so much fun.

33. All your bills are paid in rupees.

34. You know that the rupee is an actual, real world currency.

35. You remember the name of the country that uses the rupee (I sure as hell don't).

36. You put on a blue shirt and try to breath underwater.

37. You put on a red shirt and jump into a volcano.

38. You clutch your belongings possesively whenever someone says the word "like". If they happen to say it twice in a row, you proceed to assault them with your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    35. You remember the name of the country that uses the rupee (I sure as hell don't).
    It's India.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

39. You spend your entire life searching for underground temples.
    40. Your house consists of a tree-stump, a bed and two clay pots.
    41. You try to "Z-Target" your Neighbour whilst he's painting his roof.
    42. You ask your fairy helper for advice in times of adversity.

Nice thread.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

The sad thing is, number 18 is true for me.

The Ocarina is always on Right C, and to match it, the bow/slingshot is always on Bottom C, and then the Boomerang/Bombs/Hookshot goes on Left C.
    Oh god, it just makes me twitch thinking of any other setup, hurts my head.

Pssh, Termina isn't another continent, it's just an Hyrule's parallel dimension. And it's SHEIK, spell it right.

...I'm the person you wrote this topic about, right? And that makes me sad.

What's so wrong about finding the ladies attractive? Don't tell me I'm alone on this one...

You know you play too much Zelda when...

43. ...you demand a wooden sword from an old man.
    44. ...you force yourself to be a lefty.
    45. ...you contribute to this list.
    46. ...you keep a firefly with you and expect it to give you advice.

All your base are belong to Zelda.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

44. ...you force yourself to be a lefty.
    HA! I don't have to do that!

47. You break pots and become surprised when they don't come back after you leave the room.
    48. You attack octopi without mercy before they have a chance to shoot those accursed rocks at you.
    49. You're looking for three pendants so you can pull that sword in the woods out of the stone.

50. you moan yer lawn with yer sword hoping to get some money

51. you own a green "link style" hat

52. you never take it off

53. you wear white tights or don't wear any underwear at all

54. You attempt to stuff the following items into your pants, Guybrush Threepwood-style (without any external evidence that they are actually in there): two extra pairs of boots, an extra sword, an extra shield, 30-60 bombs, two extra tunics, a giant hammer, a bow, a quiver full of arrows, a hookshot, and an ocarina.

Don't forget 4 bottles, 3 crystals, and 200/999 diamonds in a giant bag.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I always ask for the blue potion, better quality!

57. You run around with a mask that looks like an eyeball telling people you can read their thoughts.

58. When you're at perfect health you excpect to shoot lazers out of your sword

59. You think wearing a pair of boots makes you run faster.

60. You pay for everything in red gree and blue jewelry.