Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Overrated artist(s).

Dammit, you people suck. There's some GREAT artists up there.

JOHN WAYNE. Christ, what are you, commies? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA

RHCP, The Offspring, Motorhead, Iron Maiden. PICASSO? You people suck. How the hell do you get off calling Evanescence your favorite band in the world and then badmout Motorhead? LEMMY IS GOD.

Dave Matthews Band may have the greatest saxophone player living or otherwise, and I adore Charlie Parker mind you, in Leroi Moore and has the greatest fusion/rock drummer of this era in Carter Beauford. Sure, the lyrics are trite, but so were The Beatles. The Band has raised more money for charities and schools than any other artist I've ever heard of. They have gained what appears to be a negative rep because they've become popular. In today's society, popular generally leads people to believe that a band or person has sold out, so to speak.

Overrated/underrated is a tough thing to call anyway because I assure you that personal taste rules the ultimate determination for a person. It's tough to give gratitude to anyone if you don't personally like them.

As for Norah Jones, I believe she is this generations last hope to have real music.

Have your tastes, and opinions, there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, but generally, not always, almost every artist or person has a redeemable quality to them, you've just got to look hard enough.

Take care all.

Banned

All bands who are regularly played on mtv.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

All artists are overrated, imho. Just listen to what you like

The Captain is right. It's just the matter of what you like and what you don't like, and following that logic I guess every artist that I don't like could be overrated in my eyes.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

[Qq=Doomgaze]JOHN WAYNE. Christ, what are you, commies? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA[/Qq]
    If you're wondering, I think communism is a great system in a utopian society, but unfortunately our society is not utopian, so it doesn't work.

And I think John Wayne is overrated because he was a horrible actor. The man showed no emotion on the screen; the reason that people think he's so good is, well...I'm not sure. He did a poor job of portraying his characters. That's it. And I think that's a good reason to think that he is overrated.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze

RHCP, The Offspring, Motorhead, Iron Maiden. PICASSO? You people suck. How the hell do you get off calling Evanescence your favorite band in the world and then badmout Motorhead? LEMMY IS GOD.
    That suprises me too that someone said Motorhead is over-rated...I mean come on and Iron Maiden . They are not my favorite band but you certinly dont go to the mall and see posters...(OMG, buy this Motorhead Album and you will be so cool, Figgity n' shiggity fo yo peeps in da club).

Doh...Just listen to what you like and say ****-off to the people that joke you for it, or dont like it. I like Metallica...Yes very over-rated, but its all about what you like.

They're not overrated to you personally if you enjoy them. Just because "popular culture" deems something overrated doesn't mean it tis. As others have said, enjoy what you want for whatever reason you want, there's plenty out there to see and hear.

Take care all.

Hilary Duff: The Lizzie Maguire (spelling is wrong, i know) Movie was corny and stupid.

Brittany Spears: Do not like her.

Most boy bands.

:whaaa: I've adopted this smiley

Overrated bands? The two that spring to mind for me are Queen and the Beatles.

friggen simple plan and new found glory. every time i hear these twats sing with their girlish high voice i wanna punch them in the face and tell them to grows some Fk'in balls.

i think hilary duff is hot, but her music still sucks.

EDIT: AND THOSE FRIGGEN OLSEN TWINS
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

The Olsen Twins are hott but annoying. Thier movies consist of the following plot every time

1. Go buy something
    2. have it stolen
    3. find the guy who stole it with the help of a basset hound/cute animal
    4. learn a life lesson
    5. buy more stuff and go home.

Its crappy movie making skills that keep them in business.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The guy who sings Ice Ice baby Ice- okay I can say Ice like 300 times, but do I get a record? NO
    Vanilla Ice! xD

Pete Murray, another Sony manufacture artist... just listen to his lyrics, you'll get the idea.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze

because imho all there songs sound like the ace of spades and that song sucks. also most of my friendsrate them, which drives me insane which is why i say there over rated.

i prefer classical music and evanescence is classically based, espically there early demo stuff, some of which is praticulary all out piano concerto's. i dont have to conform to other ppl in what i like.

offspring...ok, not my thing and very samey, iron maiden, a few good songs, very samey, .

also theres ac/dc, that all sounds the same. korn i like but are not THAT good. bon jovi, alice in chains, all pop/rap.

i would agree late metallica is over rated. st anger sucks, load sucks. but the classics like ride the lighting, master of puppets, black albulm and reload r godly. if there over rated in that ppl say there the best thing since sliced bread then your right. but they r one of the best bands ever.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7