Thread: Help on the Farplane

Default Help on the Farplane

i'm now in ch 5 in the game on the farplane i've already had like three of those music melody thingies but now there's the last thing where you have to go over the platforms in the right order and after you've done all of these things i encounter a really really really stupid boss and i don't like him because he just totally kicks my sorry little ass
    how do you beat that....that thing

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That really really stupid boss is the beginning of the final bosses.

Well, this is what I did to beat all the final bosses: Yuna and Rikku were dark knights, Paine was an Alchemist. Darkness everyturn, mix/stash mega-potion every turn. It wasn't that hard, none of my characters came close to dieing. I might of been overleveled though (Paine was 84, Rikku was 82 and Yuna was 81).
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

That thing is called Azi Dahaka, and it isn't at all necessary. You just have to do the platforms in the right order, and then you will be able to pass the final checkpoint without trouble. You can talk to the machine on the left of the screen to see the order in which the pillars must be activated. Or you can go to gamefaqs.com and check the FFX-2 section for the "Final Dungeon Musical Pillars Diagram." Just be patient and see how the different pillars move. If you mess up, you can talk the machine and reset the pillars and start over.

However, if you just want to beat it, then you just have to get around it's defenses. It has an insanely high defense against both physical and magical attacks. So you must use attacks like gambling, darkness, some of the mascot abilities, or catnip + trigger happy. The above stated strategy works pretty well.

Dont u mean the optional boss who you only fight if you dont complete the puzzles or if do it incorrectly?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ohhh THAT thing. I ran into that once and just ran away.

Sorry I misunderstood.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Note:

If you dont' run into azi dhaka, you will NOT be able to oversoul every monster.

I found that out in my last game, and I'd already used the 'proper' way to do it-_-

of course I never could actually get all the way there without resorting to piano;;;

omgsh that monster and the ultima and omega weapons (look alikes) are soo easy! all farplane fiends are like lv. 60-70 via infinito fiends! i actually bothered to finish the whole dungeon this time... with one round i kill the azi dahaka thing... its really easy with the mascot, if you have it.

sig by me, so colorful this time xD lol

i'm now at level 65 and that's kinda low but the problem is i did the musical platforms in the right order i know for sure cause i made a quick sketch of it in the right order

If you did the pillars in the right order then the barrier of the gate would just unlock and you could walk right through. Azi Dahaka will only attack you if you did the pillars wrong.

hmm then i'm gonna try again

Level 65 at this point? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a bit high?
    I'm a level 37 and made it to this part! I must be da best! The best way to do things is to have Rikku a white mage. Have her heal lots! Sorry, I would never think about taking on that thing. He kicks my but in FFX and FFX-2.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread is a good 2 years old, almost 3 years. Please don't revive old threads.