Function: adjective
    Date: 1818
    : easily duped or cheated
    - gull·ibil·i·ty /"g&-l&-'bi-l&-tE/ noun
    - gull·ibly /'g&-l&-blE/ adverb

Learnt a new word today.

Quote Originally Posted by 7728
    Look up the definition of gullible in the dictionary okay? Thanks
    Nice job blank-quoting a ridiculously long post. (Hint: Someone edit it out please, it's terribly annoying).
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

there is no reason for me to beleive any of this. sure, i would like to believe this but there is not enough of anything to support it. this information sounds about as reliable as the stuff bush himself says.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

At some points, it seems quite fake, and yet sometimes also seems quite real.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

Umm... I don't see how it could be anything but real. I mean, the guy is dead, Al-Quaida took responsibilty... what's there to doubt? They captured him and took off his head. That's it.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Umm... I don't see how it could be anything but real. I mean, the guy is dead, Al-Quaida took responsibilty... what's there to doubt? They captured him and took off his head. That's it.

Ditto.

And if you not sure if its fake or real, go watch the decapatation video 100 times and decide for yourself. I myself couldn't bare watching the guy get decapitated. I'm sure if you go do a internet web search, several links would come up.

I beleive this video is fake also. If you read the article that I read on this you would be on my side too I bet. I will try to find it and post it, but for now ill have to remember what some parts of it were. Its a list of 50 reason why the video is very suspecious(sp) but it doesnt say fake.

There were alot of things, excuse me if they have already been listed earlier in the thread.

For example, the blood pressure, pretty sure this was already posted but if you sawed the head off a live man blood would be squirting out heavily, and in the video it was bloody, but no where near it should have been.

The man who was beheading him was wearing a gold ring. In Islam your not allowed to wear gold jewelry.

The man who was beheading him had VERY light skin on his hand, and was most likely a caucasian.

The man who was speaking did not speak the language fluently or clearly, and it was supposedly beheaded by a very famous terrorist.

The man made no noise when being beheaded.

He did not struggle at all during the act.

Odds are he was dead before the beheading.

There are ALOT more reasons, but I read the article a month or two ago, so it isnt fresh in my head. I can't remember very much out of it, but it was very convincing.

I suspect it was Americans who did it sadly. I'm ashamed that we would do that to our own country men or anyone for that matter.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Well, the guy was clearly dead, but the whole gold jewel or clear speaking thing is rather vague evidence. The fact hte guy was dead does not mean the video is a fake made in USA.

I don't doubt that it at all. I don't think it was made in the US, but I think that it was made by the US soldiers.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

You can believe your conspiracy theories all you want, but that doesn't make them true. I have no reasonable evidence to believe that my country would betray me in such a way.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

Alright, I'll try to disprove some of the, err, questionable arguments posted here...

The man who was beheading him was wearing a gold ring. In Islam your not allowed to wear gold jewelry.
    Simply not true. And even if it is - so he's a bad Muslim. Your point is?

The man who was beheading him had VERY light skin on his hand, and was most likely a caucasian.
    Arabs are often very pale. But, let's suppose for a moment there he's some very angry Swede - how does that change anything?

The man made no noise when being beheaded.
    Oh yes he did. He groaned and gurgled, and had a few extremely disturbing prior-to-death grunts of agony. It stayed with me for a while, after I've seen the video.

He did not struggle at all during the act.
    He was tied. Also, he might have been drugged, which is very likely, since they did capture him.

Odds are he was dead before the beheading.
    Not likely, but possible. How does it change anything, though?

I suspect it was Americans who did it sadly. I'm ashamed that we would do that to our own country men or anyone for that matter.

There's a sale on IQ points. Care to have a look around?
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Hey, I was just listing out points that I read from an article. Don't you insult me about my IQ. Stick to the issue bud. Thats just no needed

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some people just don't get that "A zero tolerance policy towards flaming and spam are in effect in this forum" applies to them, too.

As the good Dr Unne says:

"Be respectful.

Do not make personal attacks against another person in any form. Disagreement, even strong and heated disagreement, is always fine, so long as it is also respectful, polite disagreement. Personal attacks are not allowed, whether explicit or implied. Criticism is OK, so long as it is respectful, constructive criticism. Do not insult another member.

If you think someone has an opinion which is foolish, post your thoughts about the opinion, not about the person who has that opinion."