Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the end of the Final Fantasy series is near?

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Yep, square_is_the_best gets how my mind works.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default spoilers!!!

lol give me ffX *linear* story over ffVIII *boarderline crap* story anyday.

i dont think ffX is linear (in my opinion ffX-2 is because u MUST do certain things in a certain order or u lose out on 100%) but even if it is, linear dont mean crap.

actually ffVII, ffVI,, ffIV are my favs so i,m not saying ffX has a better story then them, but it was good. and i,m not old school or new school, i,m just myself: i like what i like and i,ll say it again...there are only two kind of story, good...or bad.

ffX=good story.

and if i like it thats all that matters.

p.s imho, the fact that the hymn of the fayth was infact a Zanerkand rebellion song to inspire hope against the evil of Beville and Beville intergrated this, the Fayth and the name of there Adversary *Yevon*, into there culture and had to use these Zanerkand born Fayth as aeons to fight Sin(who was an aeon as well) to stop *Yevon* the person destroying *yevon* the empire, was ironic genius, worthy to stand along side cool twists in ffVI and ffVII.
    Last edited by aeris2001x2; 06-05-2004 at 01:54 AM.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I wonder how the discussion came down to the linearness of X when this is a thread about XII being the end of the FF series.

Default dgdsgd

The new battle system for XII is a ridiculous change http://www.rpgamer.com/event/e3-2004...als/ff12a.html

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    (in my opinion ffX-2 is because u MUST do certain things in a certain order or u lose out on 100%)
    Wow, tell me you're joking. Seriously, if you're joking, just say it. There is no way that you can actually trick yourself into believing that. You probably haven't even played the game, have you? There's just no way that you could have played X-2, then think that. I've played through the game and have read many reviews and the reviews have said that X-2 is probably the least linear of all the games. How could you possibly think it's linear? What are you talking about you have to do certain things in order? Yeah, you have to do some things in order to get secret things, but you can choose whatever mission you want to do and when, and, judging by what you do, the plot can change. FFX was nothing like that. You didn't make any decisions that could alter the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i like what i like and i,ll say it again...there are only two kind of story, good...or bad.

ffX=good story.

and if i like it thats all that matters.
    Chill, chill, I never flamed you for your opinions. I was merely stating my opinion, along with tens of thousands, maybe even millions, of other peoples' opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    Wow, tell me you're joking. Seriously, if you're joking, just say it. There is no way that you can actually trick yourself into believing that. You probably haven't even played the game, have you? There's just no way that you could have played X-2, then think that. I've played through the game and have read many reviews and the reviews have said that X-2 is probably the least linear of all the games. How could you possibly think it's linear? What are you talking about you have to do certain things in order? Yeah, you have to do some things in order to get secret things, but you can choose whatever mission you want to do and when, and, judging by what you do, the plot can change. FFX was nothing like that. You didn't make any decisions that could alter the plot.

Chill, chill, I never flamed you for your opinions. I was merely stating my opinion, along with tens of thousands, maybe even millions, of other peoples' opinions.
    lol, i have actually completed ffX-2 twice, got 100%, all chapter complete, beat via infinito, etc, so yes i have played it. imho a game where its impossible 2 get 100%(and thus, the perfect end) if u dont touch yuna in her moogle suit right at the start in luca is quite linear.

look, i,m sorry, but i,m just sick of ffVIII,ffIX and ffX getting slated for what i believe are the wrong reasons.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Most people think that a company like Square has to be corporate, so they don't care what they do to squander money out of fans... I disagree, I have seen good gaming, I've seen traditions held strong and the fans put ahead of the possibility of a slight profit. Final Fantasy 8-10 were not all bad, they had many unique aspects that I enjoyed, it is 10-2 that I loath. 10-2 was not true to the tradition of the series and nothing like FF10, it was designed to make profit. I feel bad when I think about it. Sure it may be a good game, fun to play, but when it gets down to it I don't like what it stands for, the treachery of the series and specifically the characterization (dramatic personality changes and the slashing of characters left and right to lead to what? an all female party...) of 10.

yeah maybe (again i love that cat ) but ffXII looks like it will make the memory of ffX-2 vanish forever.

however i checked omyroars link and i of course have my reservations. this new systerm reminds me of the hellish ffX-2 atb. i know Square can pull off a great systerm from what sounds awful...i guess i,m just a natural pessimist. still i,m gettin ffXI in december so even if ffXII does suck, i have that to console me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    It still doesnt work. Thanks for spoilin my game.
    I'm terribly sorry. I know that must be annoying. It works here though? Browser issue?

I'll admit that FFX was great, the first few days I had it. But once I realized how linear and repetitive it was, I started to hate it. It's just not an FF worth replaying or playing, for that matter, IMO.

Square-enix almost ran out of money after the movie of ff thats why they made gamecube and gba games(FF tactics advance and crystal chronicles) Those games did well and so did X and X-2 so they will have alot of money and should continue the series for quite a long time now as Dragon Quest is also coming back and all I have to say about that is...GOOD

Lemme straighten something out for you. Final Fantasy is and always will be the best selling RPG, and for that reason, it will not die. It was also the first popular RPG (if not the first period). Mario Bros. or Zelda didn't die because they were the firsts of their genre, and for that reason, they are now the world's most popular video game icons, ALONG with final fantasy. So all fans out there who wish for Final Fantasy immortality, you will be granted your wish, and as for those who don't like it, you're gonna have to wait until the Earth itself blows up. just my "three" cents
    oh and by the way. What made me such a big Final Fantasy fanatic is the first final fantasy I've ever played FF6. When I played it, I couldn't believe there such a thing as a game having that good of a story and fell into deep love with the music. And of course, my favorite villain of all time (alongside Freeza) Kefka. No other FF villain was so cruel and humorous at the same time. Plus he's a snappy dresser. It's just something about an evil psycho wearing transvestile looks that makes me wanna "WA HA HA HA HA!!!"
    Last edited by dancingmadK; 06-25-2004 at 08:38 AM.

dont know

i hope they do i got one reserundefinedundefined ved from game stop so they hAVE to hold one for me intill i buy it and its like layaway you can pay little by little so i need like five more bucks and the game is payed off you should do the same thing yeah

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSwords
    i dont think the games are getting worse, but 7-9 went downhill, 7 was great, 8was ok, 9 sucked...but im playing it anyways...and 10 was awesome, some ~!
    In my opinion, 7 was great, 8 was bad ,9 was very good.
    I hope 12 will be a great one and FF series will continue for a long time.

The Final Fantasy series saved their asses! They have to be very bad short-businessmen if their just going to dump the series.
    (\_/)
    ( ' .')
    (''')_(''')