Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the end of the Final Fantasy series is near?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i dont dont recall any cheap childish Anime gimic in any FF game...

but i do recognise the genius and maturity of Anime style FF and its dominion over anything western and drawing with the most genius Animes.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd rather have a childish game than another FFX, personally. The adult world is so much more boring.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I'd rather have a childish game than another FFX, personally. The adult world is so much more boring.
    chaos: Agreed. FF is starting to get to "real life-ish" when it is supposed to be a Fantasy. That's why it's called Final Fantasy for God's Sake!

Rubedo: FFX wasn't that great IMO. It was very predictable sometimes, and the main character was jut too much for me to bear. I would've preferred Auron or something instead. Seymour was great too. I actually liked him his a villan as I liked Kefka and Albedo.

hmmmm hard question i dont really know, i hope it isnt but if it is at its end then it had a good run

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I'd just like to say, regarding the whole anime thing, it's just a style. Drawing characters a certain way doesn't make them any more or less mature. If you want to see what I'm talking about, watch Ninja Scroll, then watch Hamtaro, then watch Serial Experiments Lain, then watch Yu-Gi-Oh!, then watch Akira. Anime is capable of being incredible stupid and childish, just it's also capable of being deep and mature, just as it's also capable of being obnoxiously juvenile and gratuitously violent. It's not superior or inferior to western animation either. I challenge anime's biggest proponents to find fault with the animation of Don Bluth or Ralph Bakshi. Of course, I also challenge the people who rush to put down anime to find fault with Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Nausiica of the Valley of the Wind, or Cowboy Bebop. Really it's like arguing over apples and oranges.

That said, I don't think Final Fantasy is going in a terribly anime derivative direction. Neither Yoshitaka Amano nor Tetsuya Nomura are working on the series any more, they're using the same designer that worked on FFTA, which KINDA had anime influence I GUESS. It really felt more fantasy video game influenced to me though. Now, if you want a REALLY anime influenced RPG, play Dragon Warrior sometime. Heck, they even have AKIRA TORIYAMA WORKING ON IT! You really CAN'T get more anime than that.

i have a feeling that the final fantasy series is going to reach its end soon... my guess is that it will stop around XV (15)... ff1 was excellent, and it continued to be excellent... though it wasn't immensly popular before ff7, as ff7 was the first 3-D FF game, with a captivating story and memorable characters (though i did like ff6 a little better)... ff8 wasn't as good as ff7 (well, i haven't finished ff8, because my third disc keeps freezing in one spot, and it makes me sad ) , but ff9 was incredible... but when they released ffx, it started to go downhill... and i notice that so many of the storylines are similar... i mean, how far can you go with one storyline? frankly, i don't think there are going to be too many more FFs, as square is gonna run out of ideas. maybe in the future, they will start remaking their old FFs with enhanced graphics and music... but who knows? final fantasy could continue to FFXXXII for all we know! square is going to continue making them as long as they sell, and my guess is that they are going to start remaking more and more games.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

They'll run out of games to remake long before they run out of fresh material.

how're they running out of new ideas? in terms of gameplpay: ctb,sphere grid,monster arena,luca theatre,and online components are really gr8 ideas. in terms of story/and plot, each ff is a master piece. it jus depends which one you personally favor over another.

i don't kno if this is done in ffxi, but how about using an eye toy for future ff games?like making you one of the main characters. sort of like tony hawks underground. ne takers?

:meditate:
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayo
    i dont no, i prefered 6 through x-2 then 1 through 5
    Same here.

See, you forget, you peopke are basing statistics off of your own individual opinions as if you're stating facts. Just because you think "OMG FFX IZ DEE SUX0RZ" or "DAM X-2 HAS NON THA SUMON DAT IS GHEY" doesn't mean they're actually bad. I, personally, love both games, and FFX is my 2nd favorite game of all time after FFVII. Plus, X and X-2 were INSANELY popular. The only FF more popular than X is probably VII, so they're obviously doing somethign right when YOU say they're 'getting worse and worse'...yet they're making more and more money...hmm.

So my short answer is no.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaykickass
    See, you forget, you peopke are basing statistics off of your own individual opinions as if you're stating facts. Just because you think "OMG FFX IZ DEE SUX0RZ" or "DAM X-2 HAS NON THA SUMON DAT IS GHEY" doesn't mean they're actually bad. I, personally, love both games, and FFX is my 2nd favorite game of all time after FFVII. Plus, X and X-2 were INSANELY popular. The only FF more popular than X is probably VII, so they're obviously doing somethign right when YOU say they're 'getting worse and worse'...yet they're making more and more money...hmm.
    The brilliance of mature mind, I co-sign that if I'm allowed.
    Stop the Earth! I want to get out!...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudySky
    The brilliance of mature mind, I co-sign that if I'm allowed.
    Yes...yes you are.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

hmmm.

FFvii-ix + tactics + anthology + origins + chronicles = $$$$$ for ps1
    Square's STILL making money off of the games, years after their original releases. i don't think the question should be, is square going to give up on final fantasy, but should final fantasy give up on square. whatever that means.

i like the look of xii, i will buy it and play it and love it i'm sure. why not just relax and wait til the game friggin comes out before you decide about squenix's fate. you're a bunch of presumptuous kids who really have no clue at all what will happen in the future(neither do i). why not wait for it to come to you, instead of hunting it down like a red-neck with your shotgun and your hound-dog. you make a lot of noise and in the end all you have is a hole in your shoe and a lot of blood lost.

bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Depressio
    but when they released ffx, it started to go downhill...

Well there has only been X-2 and XI which was online. I haven't played either but can you really say that its gone completely down hill with these two games? I believe that square will continue the final fantasy series until it stops making them money.

I Think Square Should really Be Lookin At Dragon Warrior Right Now! When Was The Last Time They Made A Dragon Warroir Game!!!!
    I Pity Da Foo
    Mr. T For Life Hee Hee

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, the next Dragon Warrior game IS in development over at Square Enix...maybe with the Square guys collaborating it'll be really good. I think the Final Fantasy series will stay around as long as it continues to make money. Hopefully Advent Children won't tank and cause them to loose scads of money like The Spirits Within did...how much money has Advent Children cost to produce anyway? Anyone know? Back on topic, I'm sure they'll contine well past XII....I can't wait to see what Square can do with the next generation of hardware!