Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the end of the Final Fantasy series is near?

Thumbs up Do you think the end of the Final Fantasy series is near?

i love final fantasy and i hope square keeps on making more and more games but how long do you think this series is going to continue? it seems that the more square continues the games get worse.....i mean they may already be running out of ideas... i just hope square keeps on creating more and more final fantasy games, but one day they're goning to have to hang the towel up and say good bye to final fantasy (which everyone would hate) all im trying to say is we've got to prepare for the worst... how long do you think it will be before square hangs up the towel???

I think Square will continue to make Final Fantasy games as long as Final Fantasy games continue to make money.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I dunno really. It could be the end (Though I doubt it), or this game could rock so much that it becomes even more popular. Personally, I can't think of its end really... and when the main series ends, I hope that it continues in some way, like through the spinoffs like Tactics.
    "What are you doing?"

"Maybe killing you here is the only way to end this nightmare..."

"Yeah, you might be right."

- Silent Hill 3

I have a feeling that we are reaching the end of the series. I would bet they stop at XV, because, well, the quality of the games has decreased over the past few years. Or maybe that's just because X was so bad.

I hope that Square makes the games atleast until i get bored of them, which'll be never! But, i think over the years theyve had different people working in the studios, and new people means new ideas...BTW, i dont think the games are getting worse, but 7-9 went downhill, 7 was great, 8was ok, 9 sucked...but im playing it anyways...and 10 was awesome, some ~!@# stole my FFX-2 and im still mad about it cuz it was $50 but it was pretty good when i played it

In my opinion, yes FF games have done downhill, especially after X (although XI was good in my opinion) if XII does bad then I guess FF will end sooner, but if XII does good it'll keep the series going longer.

But I think it'll keep going for quite a while still.

But besides even if they ended it soon there's always FFXI to play so technically the series is still going on as it's continuign to get plot updates all the time and such.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    I think Square will continue to make Final Fantasy games as long as Final Fantasy games continue to make money.
    Yup. You guys are forgetting that SE is a business. So long as they can reasonably predict a profit from a game, they'll make it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

FFXII has already demonstrated that they're far from running out of ideas.

Blog Entries

I keep hearing rumours that they're on the brink of running out of money (hence no lip sync for the English FF7-AC) but then that's all they are... rumours.

Don't judge a game until it's released and you've played it I thought they'd completely lost the plot with the idea of FFX-2, and it turned out to be one of my favourites of the entire series.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

X and X-2 made Square a lot of money. Their financial reports for the last fiscal year were pretty promising if I remember right. As long as the FF name makes money, they'll keep making games.

And also, SE announce that FF would be one of the three main 'pillars' of the company, hence hinting that they arent done with it by a longshot.

Im waiting to teach my nephew how to play XVIII

Blog Entries

I know it's off-topic, but just a correction on my statement about FF7-AC lipsync... there was a translation error on the site that published the news... it actually said there *will* be English lipsync

More than ten years ago, a down-on-their-luck company called Squaresoft was almost out of business. But the group of exhausted yet adamant programmers and artists persevered and put out their last, no their only hope. Hence the name Final Fantasy. It was a success. And since then Squaresoft has put out 20+ games. I'm sure Square can pull off another miracle if need be. It's a brilliant company. Most of its games are greatest hits. I hope there never is a final Final Fantasy. NEVER. Well, maybe after I die. That's the only time I won't regret the end of the series.

kh2 is gonna sell loads also ff12 looks alright im getting it the day it comes out (like ffx-2) i don't think it is the end of SE well i hope it isn't *grabs his keyblade*

if they do run out of ideas, then they'll just probably make sequels to all of the ff's until they get a new idea
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX