Thread: Dead or Alive

Default Dead or Alive

Hi all... I just wanted to make a topic about DOA (DOA3 in particular...) I just picked up DOA3 and wow... this game is A LOT better than I thought it was. I have to admit that that the first DOA game I played was DOA2 on the Dreamcast. I tossed it aside, labeling it as a button masher that was all visuals and no depth to the fighting engine. I played a little bit of DOA3 too a while back and thought the same... just a bunch of sexy ladies beating each other down. The first DOA game I really started playing was DOAX... yes, it's not a real DOA fighting game, but I really really really really like that game. I also started to like the characters a lot, so I decided to pick up DOA3. After playing it for many hours, I have decided that this game rocks. The fighting engine is infinitely deeper than I thought it was... the counter system is really strange, but built to be that way. The fact that almost everything is counterable really keeps both players on their toes and makes you think about every move you make. The game is really fast paced, which I like in a fighter, an there are a lot of combinations and strings for each fighter. The tag mode is also pretty neat. Now, it isn't as deep as say, Soul Calibur, but it's a lot more fun and balanced than a lot of fighters out there. So now I am eagerly awaiting DOA Ultimate, so I can hop online and play against other people. What do you guys think of DOA? Oh, my favorite characters are Hitomi and Lei Fang. What are yours?
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

its a ok game.....im not a big fan of fighting games
    WTF..........I cant have my weed plant on it thats messed up yo...........And drugs are good for you should try em some time

Blog Entries

I haven't played DOA3 but I was obsessed with 2 for ages. I thought it was a great fighting game. Mainly because you needed to have really good reflexes to perform holds etc. and if you wanted to play the hardest diffculty, you needed perfect timing to be able to grab an opponent mid-attack and counter.

1 year later and I am the best Guard Impacter in Soul Calibur..ever!

Anyway, my favourite character is definitely Ein, but I can also use Jann Lee and Ayane.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

there are much better fighting games. I have it for Xbox but never play it.

*Luffs the DOA women and there bounciness*

Ish, Lei Fang is a terrible fighter.

Jan Lee and Aiyane for me.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

I love fighting games, especially DOA, Tekken, and Soul Caliber.
    Can't wait for DOA Ultimate!!!!

Sin without deceivers
    A God with no believers
    I could sail by
    on the Winds of Silence
    And maybe they won't notice
    But this time I think
    It'd be better if I swim

Well, DOA3 was fun... about 3 years ago And it was fun fighting against friends... But it got boring quickly,plus those team combos made my thumbs hurt it didn't have enough replay value, but a great game anyways.

I've been kinda a DOA fan for some years now. The first time I tried one of the games (DOA1) was by one of my friends. I instantly liked the game and I found it fun to play. Especially in the Multiplayer mode. Then, years later, after not playing DOA1 for a long time, I got my hands on my own PlayStation 2. My first game for the console was ironicly DOA2. Now, I didn't buy the console myself, I got it as a present at my confirmation, so I didn't buy the game myself either. Lucky for me, my parents knew my love for Fighting Games (After many years in company with games as Tekken, Soulblade, Bushido Blade and Bloody Roar) and they simply went out and got me this game. I was thrilled. I remembered my experience with the last game so the first thing I did the next day was to play DOA2. It was a good experience: The game was fast (Very fast sometimes), the characters were different and cool, the game was fun to play and of course there were the ladies (Breasts *cough*) Anyway, I introduced it to my best friend, who also loves fighting games, but not as much as me though, and she too were instantly hooked. Now, the game maybe wasn't that hard. You could just button mash and you'd end with a victory. But soon we learned about the grap thing which, I may add, took some time to learn proberly. Since then I've spend much time with this game, Well not as much as I did with the Tekkens and Soul Calibur, and I can conclude that it's great fun. By the way, Helena and Ein are my favorites