Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Bush deserves to be re-elected?

Default Do you think Bush deserves to be re-elected?

I, for one, think that he dosent deserve anything even close to re-election. He has made a fool out of the great counrty that is America andd he has ruined our economy too. What are your views on Prez Bush and the up coming election?
    "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed,
    so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!"

Prepare yourself for a Bush-bashing/loving debate.

I, personally don't think he warrants re-election for several reasons, which include, but are not limited to, his inability to separate religion from government, his Administrations problem with the "Truth" and indifferent attitude towards the rest of the world.

However, Kerry has not endeared himself to me either. If Kerry shows he has brains and a plan, he'll get my vote. No matter how you slice it though, Iraq is a mess and won't be easily fixed. That, the economy (As always), and our stance with the rest of the world are the issues I'm interested in hearing about.

Take care all.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As pathetic as it seems, I must agree with the "Anybody but Bush" mentality. Though I find Kerry unimpressive, I don't feel that he will be as harmful to the nation as Bush is. Bush must go, he does not, in my opinion, deserve another term. The country has suffered enough under his mismanagement already.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

"Anybody but Bush" is foolish. Bush isn't the worst possible leader anyone could imagine. I'd rather he wasn't elected again at this point, mostly on the basis of his religious quackery, but I wouldn't auto-vote for anyone who isn't Bush just because they aren't Bush.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

OF COURSE HE DESERVES TO BE RE-ELECTED.

:rolleyes2

"Anybody but Bush" is foolish. Bush isn't the worst possible leader anyone could imagine. I'd rather he wasn't elected again at this point, mostly on the basis of his religious quackery, but I wouldn't auto-vote for anyone who isn't Bush just because they aren't Bush.
    I think "Anybody but Bush" more or less can be translated to: Well, the alternative is Kerry, he's not the best but he's certainly better. That or "I could rule the country better". In fact, I'm starting to think I would.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Then say "Kerry, because he's better than Bush". Not "anyone but Bush". What if the Democratic candidate wants to send more troops to Iraq, and also beats his wife and wants to illegalize kittens?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne
    Then say "Kerry, because he's better than Bush". Not "anyone but Bush". What if the Democratic candidate wants to send more troops to Iraq, and also beats his wife and wants to illegalize kittens?
    DON'T TOUCH THE KITTENS!!!

Well, in that case vote the green party Well, I don't know how many parties are in USA, but in the end it seems like it falls in bipartidism.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Due to my chosen profession, I cannot in sound conscience post my opinion in this thread. Suffice it to say that I support the commander-in-chief.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Watch out, here comes a conservative view........
    I believe Bush deserves re-election for many reasons. I'll state my main reason:
    ~He doesn't skirt around issues, he gets things done. With issues like Iraq and gay marriage he gives clear positions, keeps them, and ACTS on them. Kerry can't seem to stay on one side of an issue. Consistency is important in a leader.
    I would rather see Bush re-elected than see Kerry in office. Things could be a lot worse in the US. Be glad they aren't.
    Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

Even if I could vote in this election, I wouldn't. I don't like what's happened in Bush's term. I think just about everyone can say that. However, I think that a lot of the trouble that has occurred (such as September 11th), weren't his fault. He was stuck with a lot of Clinton's mistakes that weren't realized until now. I believe that he has been consistent, and he has been direct. I don't like Kerry as a man or a politician, so I do not want to see him elected. I really don't know what will happen with Bush if he is elected. So I just...don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie
    With issues like Iraq and gay marriage he gives clear positions, keeps them, and ACTS on them.
    Yes. That is the problem

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Thanks to the magic of the electoral college, your opinion doesn't matter! Or at least that's how I understand it.

I have a vague feeling Bush will win the election though. His actions for the past few years will probably sway many businesses to side with him, etc etc.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With issues like Iraq and gay marriage he gives clear positions, keeps them, and ACTS on them.
    Yes, wonderful. I'm sure we're all happy about legalized bigotry and breaking of longstanding policy to launch an offensive attack against a sovereign country.

I do not like Bush. I don't particularily like Kerry, but as I feel he is less dangerous, I will vote for him and support him, at least until the election is over. If Kerry begins to screw things up as Bush has, then I will work against him. My loyalty lies with the betterment of the country, not to some rich politician.

"Due to my chosen profession, I cannot in sound conscience post my opinion in this thread. Suffice it to say that I support the commander-in-chief."

How about this, in your opinion, would you rather serve under Bush or Kerry? Which do you feel is more qualified from a military standpoint to be C-in-C?

Take care all.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

From a military standpoint, I'm not really sure if Senator Kerry is more qualified than President Bush. I disagree with many of Kerry's policies, as I do with many of Bush's. But, I still have about five months to decide between the two.

You do know why I can't really talk about this, right?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.