Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ffIII why has it never been released?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFIII and SD3 would be better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

ff3 and seiken densetsu 3 would be beautiful, kthx

Edit: Blast, I didn't see Murder's post on the next page. 'Kay, well, I agree with him. 'Course the Mystic Quest suggestion obviously wasn't serious anyway.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami Bren
    they released ff1 because there was demand and they put ff2 on with it because they had space and they already had a wonderswan remake, I think. ff3 would require a lot of work to redo, translate, etc and there isn't anything to package it with. ff3 and mystic quest? SIGN ME UP.

Oh please, if they re-did FFMQ to include FMVs of things blowing up and made the characters whine about their feelings you kids would be ALL over it.

FFI and II were remade for the WSC and then those remakes were remade for PS1. In Japan they were actually sold separately. There wasn't REALLY demand for a FFI remake. Heck, an unfounded lie about a ficticious sequel to FFVII got more attention. Even the planned remake of FFVIII got more attention and it NEVER EVEN GOT OFF THE GROUND. US game news made no mention whatsoever of the re-released FFI&II, even though articles on the WS and WSC had been printed, and the PS versions recieved no attention whatsoever.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

while I'm sure legions of FF message board goers like us would eat up a ff3-sd3 package deal, I doubt they'd even sell enough to cover the cost of doing the remake.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i would love to see ffIII released with, say, chrono cross or trigger(uk never got these) or with tactics(never got that either) but i would also like a girlfriend and thats going SO well... :rolleyes2
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

FFIII remake released with a girlfriend.

That would definitely sell, yyyyyyyup.

And I wouldn't buy a remake of FFMQ under any circumstances, unless it were packaged with some other game I really wanted.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Square lost a lot more money on The Spirits Within than they would lose on this, and this time it would be for a good cause.

yeah, but they need to be convinced of that apparently.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But if Square cared about fanboy gamers in the US, they'd hire better translators.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I agree with the opinion that FF3 and SD3 should be remade. While many people want GBA remakes, I'd want a PSX remake too. The sound and music quality of FF Origins PSX is a lot better than in, say, FFTA (GBA) or FF1's WSC version.

But if Square cared about fanboy gamers in the US, they'd hire better translators.
    There are European FF fans too, you know. We've been neglected even more than American fans. Anyway, I somewhat agree about the translation thing. The name translations in FF2 Origins were horrible, and the same can be said about FF5 Anthology.

FF3j is actually a great game. The graphics are not ugly, they're among the best I've ever seen on NES, and the game almost looks like FF4 and FF5. The music is very good, there's lots of catchy and beautiful themes that set the mood well. Character development is quite lacking, but the story is still good enough to keep you interested, and there are twists and surprises in the game. Battle system is the greatest thing about the game, IMHO. It's a lot like FF5's Job system with the ability to change from one class to another and create tons of different party combinations that way, even though FF3j's system isn't as advanced as that of FF5. Overall, a great game that should get an outside-Japan release and remake.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Actually, FFII recieved a very good translation in comparison to what we've been getting. There were no spoony bards, no sons of submariners, and nothing was off course. If you didn't like it, well I can't really dispute that, but technically speaking, it was one of the best translations that a FF game has ever gotten.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    Actually, FFII recieved a very good translation in comparison to what we've been getting. There were no spoony bards, no sons of submariners, and nothing was off course. If you didn't like it, well I can't really dispute that, but technically speaking, it was one of the best translations that a FF game has ever gotten.
    what the spoony bard and son of submariner were translation errors? i thought they were really funny and genius script writing .
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

It's more like an example of how the other games haven't gotten stellar translations. As much as I like Woolsey's script translation, there's a lot of errors when it comes to items, monsters and abilities. These don't really wind up making the game harder to understand or anything, but it can be obnoxious. I personally just pretend that Pearl is actually Holy, others have more objections to the liberties he took.

Blog Entries

Default Yeah, I wish...

I wish it was on console. And if it was they would probably screw up the freakin graphics and make them "good". I want it the way it was. Not a remake. To me Enix is mind controlling squaresoft!! ENIX SUCKS!!!