Thread: "Lady Yuna, forgive me."

Default "Lady Yuna, forgive me."

Who says this line (as Yuna is thrown into the Via Purifico)? It sounds like Kinoc...

its Issaru. once you reach the end of the via purifico, you face him in a aeon duel.

Yeah, so why would Isaaru say that before Yuna knows she's fighting him? It's clear Isaaru had no idea Yuna was the traitor of Yevon in the dialogue before their fight.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably because he was always friends with her and they had that competition. I think that he still regarded her as a friend, but his duties to Yevon were more important to him.

That still doesn't address my rebuttal. How come Isaaru is surprised Lady Yuna is the traitor upon their meeting, if he is the one who apologizes to Yuna at the beginning of the Via Purifico?

I think more and more now it might be Kinoc - the voices match better.

it definately is issaru saying lady yuna please forgive me, i can see where your coming from though, isarru says so it is you, indicating that someone had told him that yuna was a traitor, however i believe the reason why he was surprised is cuz he was yunas friend and she was the high summoners daughter that he convinced himself that it wasnt yuna just an imposter or something along those lines
    Dead for a thousand years,
    A great terror arose from the deep,
    It swept across the land,
    A lone past still lingers,
    Destiny cannot be denied,
    A burden grows heavier,
    To the kingdom of the sun,
    Across a vast sea,
    The journey home begins...

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    That still doesn't address my rebuttal. How come Isaaru is surprised Lady Yuna is the traitor upon their meeting, if he is the one who apologizes to Yuna at the beginning of the Via Purifico?
    Because even though he's fighting her, he still likes her. I thought it was pretty obvious.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think he's referring to what happens at the beginning, where they are thrown into the Via Purifico. I believe Kinoc actually DOES say something along those lines. Issaru probably says something like that too when you meet him at the end.

Yeah, the line is said just as Yuna is thrown into the Purifico, not at the end when she comes across Issaru. It could be Kinoc, but it sounds like some random guard to me.
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

Blog Entries

One theory is it could be one of Tidus' memories of Issaru saying "forgive me", seeing as up until Zanarkand Tidus relays his thoughts directly to the player.

there was a picture here

Thank you. I just couldn't place that familiar voice. But it makes so much sense now. Mika instructed for guards to be placed at the exit to finish off any escapees. Cut to a voiceover of Isaaru asking for Yuna's forgiveness. Classic storytelling style. Kudos!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No problem, man. EoFF is always here to help.