Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wutai Subquest (Spoilers)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Wutai Subquest (Spoilers)

I'm pretty sure I can do this but I wanted to check if it's been done already.

In previous games I waited until I had the Highwind on Disc 2 before going to Wutai, so I could master Trine from Goda on the last two e-skill materia.

This time I want to go to Wutai on Disc 1, but only do the part up until you rescue Elena and Yuffie from Don Corneo. I want to save the pagoda fights for Disc 2.

Can I do that?

Yeah... I don't remember having to do both in one visit. They're independent of each other, I always thought.

Just don't go inside the pagoda until you want to.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You sure can.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yep, you can use Tiny Bronco to get there, but when I did it on disc1 the first time, it was a little difficult, and I ended up using magic items (like Bolt Plume) to defeat Apps.

:shoot:

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Default Incompetent thief

If you go to Wutai on a new game and Yuffie steals your Materia, open the materia menu and scroll down the ENTIRE list. Once I found a Fire3 and a couple Fire2 materia that Yuffie missed. Might've been just a glitch, but try it. It made my life easier. (Stupid thieving b*tch...)

Edit: Sorry, I did it again, didn't I? I need to start checking dates.
    Last edited by UltimaLimit; 07-29-2004 at 01:17 AM.
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Banned

the gold chocobo was a dissapointment for me

tch. it's possible.

The Demon of Elements

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaLimit
    If you go to Wutai on a new game and Yuffie steals your Materia, open the materia menu and scroll down the ENTIRE list. Once I found a Fire3 and a couple Fire2 materia that Yuffie missed. Might've been just a glitch, but try it.
    I know that's possible, if you have more than I think 54 materia (not included in your equipment) she will miss anything after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmars_soul
    the gold chocobo was a dissapointment for me
    Wha???

I always do the Wutai side-quest in disc 1. I like to level up Aeris' limit break so she can have her Great Gospel before the end of disc 1. The Wutai area is a great place level up limit breaks, since you usually fight 3-5 enemies at a time. And in doing that I trigger the Wutai side-quest, so I do it. I thought that having the Leviathan materia as early as possible would be to my advantage, but having full Enemy Skill materias is far more pleasing, so I do the Pagoda in disc 2 (after I figured out to do that). Getting to Wutai was the most difficult part of that for me. I had almost forgotten that I had items that could be used to attack, those saved me. Apps isn't that difficult, just go to the Wutai item shop and buy some Fire Veils and Swift Bolts, it'll go down in a flash. Apps can only kill one of you at a time, if Aero 3 even kills you.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 11-04-2004 at 09:26 PM.

i didn't like it without my materia i felt helpless...! i didn't get to get my materia higher...

Contributions

I split the subquest and it worked fine. It was nice to get Magic Hammer and Death Force earlier on and also the weapons in Wutai would have been outdated by Disc 2 (not to mention useless in some cases).

The hardest thing about the first part of the subquest is the first time through it's a surpise, so you're caught off guard and unprepared.

I split it up and then forgot about it the first time I played. I didn't do the Pagoda battles until disc 3. And that was an accident. I just wandered into the pagoda when I was bored one time. I'm so smart...

But anyway, I split it up purposely the other two times I played, and it worked really well for me.

Good things:
    | FF7 | Kingdom Hearts | AerisxSeph | SoraxKairi | TifaxRufus | RenoxYuffie | TsengxElena |

I'm rad. You're rad. Let's hug.

nanio?! i never got magic hammer or the other thing!

Contributions

When you land the Tiny Bronco on the beach of the Wutai continent, you can encounter monsters called Adamantai. They look like giant turtles. You can manipulate them into casting Death Force on your party.

Further ashore, in the dark green grassland, you can encounter Razor Weeds. They look like brown plants. You can manipulate them into casting Magic Hammer on your party.

Incidently, you can fight and win both E-skills without triggering the Yuffie theft.